Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
-Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
-Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
-Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
-Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
-Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
-Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
-Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_lcap26%-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_lcap35%-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_lcap19%-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_lcap0%-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_lcap0%-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_lcap10%-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_lcap10%-Perfect Patrols- I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

-Perfect Patrols-

Go down 
+6
AmAzIn[G]
FeelTheRhythm95
marksoccer
Achilles.42
Knight of Gods
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
10 posters
AuthorMessage
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

With this, you can make half as much regions as you would normally have for patrols. With this, you can make an exact patrol and/or attacking unit.

function Trig_Patrols_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
set udg_A=GetRectCenter(gg_rct_Region_001)
call CreateNUnitsAtLoc(1,'hfoo',Player(11),udg_A,270.00)
call RemoveLocation(udg_A)
set udg_A=GetUnitLoc(GetLastCreatedUnit())
call IssuePointOrderLocBJ(GetLastCreatedUnit(),"patrol",OffsetLocation(udg_A,(0.00*128),(2.00*128)))
call RemoveLocation(udg_A)
call DoNothing()
endfunction
//hfoo=Footman
//hkni=Knight
//hrif=Rifleman
//hgyr=Flying Machine
//hgry=Gryphon Rider
//hmpr=Priest
//hsor=Sorceress
//hmtt=Siege Engine
//ogru=Grunt
//orai=Raider
//otau=Tauren
//ohun=Troll Headhunter
//okod=Kodo Beast
//owyv=Wind Rider
//odoc=Troll Witch Doctor
//oshm=Shaman
//ucry=Crypt Fiend
//ewsp=Glaive
//earc=Archer
//esen=Huntress
//edry=Dryad
//ehip=Hippogryph
//ehpr=Hippogryph Rider
//echm=Chimaera
//edot=Druid of the Talon
//edoc=Druid of the Claw
function InitTrig_Patroling takes nothing returns nothing
set gg_trg_Patroling=CreateTrigger()
call TriggerRegisterTimerEventSingle(gg_trg_Patroling,0.50)
call TriggerAddAction(gg_trg_Patroling,function Trig_Patrols_Actions)
endfunction

anything with // before it is just telling you something, you dont need it included.

Make a variable called A which is a Point. A is easier to type and select if you're using GUI. Ok, now heres the complicated part. set udg_A=GetRectCenter(gg_rct_Region_001) <--- change the region in that part of the trigger to the region that the unit will spawn at. Say you want the footmen to patrol 2 blocks up from the region. the first 0.00*128 is the X coordinate and the 2.00*128 is the Y coordinate. Since Y means up and down, you would make it a positive 2. The X would be 0.00. I suggest not just putting 0, because you can copy and paste and just replace the number instead of typeing up 3.00*128.

If you need help, ill help. It's the same for an attacking unit, except you put the reion where you want the mortar to spawn. where it says 'hfoo', that means it's a footmen. look at the list of //_ _ _ _=Unit and replace hfoo with whatever unit you want. if you have a question about anythng, just ask.

EDIT: i left out some units in the list, but i dont want to put them in because they're tft units.
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:12 pm

Bump. + This = 0 LAG OR ANYTHING! I suggest if you like making mazes, you should learn how to do this.
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:43 pm

unnecessary bump, and if you ARE a decent maze maker you KNOW this isnt necessary as long as you do everything else right

and how does it make it take half as many regions, aren't you saying make 1 region to spawn the unit? usually people place a unit then order it to patrol to 1 region so its still 1 region
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:53 pm

ok yes thats true but this makes it so you dont have to place a unit, click on it, wait like 5 minutes, then make a region, click on it, wait like 5 minutes, then you have one patrol. this is so fast and easy and it's helpful if you actually are a GOOD MAZE MAKER. cough kog sux. all you have to do is change the 000 number next to the region and THATS IT!

the bump was patrially nessacary due to ach spamming random shit for no reason and i didnt wanna keep ending that post.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:23 pm

this trigger is useless, kuz if u ARE a decent maze maker you KNOW this isnt necessary as long as you do everything else right.

and how does it make it take half as many regions, aren't you saying make 1 region to spawn the unit? usually people place a unit then order it to patrol to 1 region so its still 1 region.
/\
| |
| | THAT, is what u do to me dark, CONSTANTLY.

for once, take 2 secs to read some1's post before responding to it, or insulting some1 saying there spamming. kuz if u had read it, u would have known im not spamming.

ur the one that actually spams just to get there post count up. so either way its at least hypercritical.
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:20 pm

dark your calling me the bad map maker? youve made what 1 maze? and o wait it sucked thats right.

also either your retarded for it to take 5 mins or your comp is worse then mine - maze with 2000 regions it only took MAYBE 70seconds for the regions and 30 for units this was on MY comp the comp that has 4 fps on the 2nd to last lvl in murloc slide

plus it only starts to take time after you hit like 900 regions and 500 units

and wtf do you mean by "exact patrol" that makes no sense a region would be better cause then you can SEE where it goes and you can cooridinate it with other guys easier

ps moww2. game set match bitch you can say it sucked but its immensely more popular than any maze you've made, and your so pathetic you want your next maze to be more popular so you decided to call it "mor5" but ITS NOT A REAL MOR WITHOUT NJELKOTJE

pps mor5 looks gay dark i didnt want to hurt your feelings until you decided to diss my map making skills
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:32 pm

i agree with every thing kog said, i didnet even know you MADE a maze, ppl actually played moww2
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:03 am

MOWW 2 ALL ME ALL KOG DID WAS THE FUN WHICH NO ONE WAS ABLE TO USE SO HA U DO SUCK Razz
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:44 am

mark as i remember it you did 4/5ths of the levels, yes but BUT you failed so badly on regions and patrols and general triggers that i had to do ALOT of fixing

plus i made the naga part which most people said was their favorite part SO HA!!

and lots of people could use the fun cmd, it was only a few vers where i capitalized your name wrong that you couldnt

(marks just mad cause i could get a mapwide blink and all he could get was a 200 range blink)

(oh and pat could get a 500 range blink)
Back to top Go down
FeelTheRhythm95
Recruit
Recruit

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Stop necroing shit god damit

Last edited by AmAzIn[G] on Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:28 pm

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Arun showed me this two years ago.

Honestly stealing w/o giving credit isn't cool, but hey lets not talk about your morals.

this thread was made 2 years ago
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 5:30 pm

This is why I hate people who necro posts.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:33 pm

he actually has a point
do nothing is evil

but the bit 3ice posted might not be right
i dont think you can actually see any of the native triggers for jass
functionally though, that is what do nothing does

it was made for those stupid if/then/else in gui where instead of being multiple conditions/actions its only 1 to each

so if you didn't have an else you couldnt finish the action (so you put do nothing as a place holder)
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:15 am

why is do nothing so bad seren?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:47 am

not so bad
just unnecessarily bad

it literally makes work to do out of absolutely nothing
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:30 am

I couldve said something here back then, i wonder why i didnt

Sometimes you do something, or you do nothing, and you cant remember why you did, or didnt

You remember doing it, or not doing it, but you dont remember why you did, or didnt

Although you cant remember not doing something since you didnt do it, but what i mean is you remember the opportunity to do something but you didnt

Its not always something important, though the important things are what will really make you wonder why you did or didnt

But sometimes the little things begin to add up and you start looking back and wonder how you could forget or not remember the reasoning you once had, or didnt

You end up in this meta-physical paradox of self reflection on why you do the things you do, dont do the things you dont do, and if your future self will remember why you did or didnt

The choices you make have consequences and you have to live with them, but at some point in the future you will look back and think "what was i thinking" or "how did i come to the conclusion i did" or "i shouldve done that but i didnt"

I guess you can just call it regret, but what about those times where you do nothing that ended up being beneficial to you in some way because you didnt

If given the same choice again, without the experience or memory of the last time you made this choice, would you, again, choose to do the things you did or not do the things you didnt

If you cant remember why you made the choice you made theres a good chance you could choose something different the next time your presented with the same choice, especially if the choice is something little and unimportant as you're less likely to remember the consequences of what you did or didnt
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
I couldve said something here back then, i wonder why i didnt

Sometimes you do something, or you do nothing, and you cant remember why you did, or didnt

You remember doing it, or not doing it, but you dont remember why you did, or didnt

Although you cant remember not doing something since you didnt do it, but what i mean is you remember the opportunity to do something but you didnt

Its not always something important, though the important things are what will really make you wonder why you did or didnt

But sometimes the little things begin to add up and you start looking back and wonder how you could forget or not remember the reasoning you once had, or didnt

You end up in this meta-physical paradox of self reflection on why you do the things you do, dont do the things you dont do, and if your future self will remember why you did or didnt

The choices you make have consequences and you have to live with them, but at some point in the future you will look back and think "what was i thinking" or "how did i come to the conclusion i did" or "i shouldve done that but i didnt"

I guess you can just call it regret, but what about those times where you do nothing that ended up being beneficial to you in some way because you didnt

If given the same choice again, without the experience or memory of the last time you made this choice, would you, again, choose to do the things you did or not do the things you didnt

If you cant remember why you made the choice you made theres a good chance you could choose something different the next time your presented with the same choice, especially if the choice is something little and unimportant as you're less likely to remember the consequences of what you did or didnt

Did you write that yourself pat? That was actually pretty interesting to read, even if it was a joke.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Yes i wrote it myself, cant you tell from all the commas lol
Re-reading it now, i think it needs more commas
Though, im sure im not the first to write something like that

There was actually 1 more line at the end that i cut
The line was about your choice to read what i wrote and about doing nothing, or not accomplishing anything, basically telling the reader that they wasted their time reading it, to really tie the joke together and be like "thats why we dont use do nothing"

But I re-read the whole thing and was like, "hmm this ended up making alot more sense and being alot more thoughtful then i intended" so at first i was just going to abort and not post anything, maybe re-word some of it and post it at a later time as something more serious
I couldnt really think of the circumstances where i would post something like this as something serious so i just took out that last line and posted it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

-Perfect Patrols- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Perfect Patrols-   -Perfect Patrols- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-Perfect Patrols-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Warcraft 3 :: WC3 Tutorials and Help-
Jump to: