Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_lcap26%Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_lcap35%Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_lcap19%Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_lcap0%Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_lcap0%Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_lcap10%Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_lcap10%Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Blackrock Mountain Expansion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Blackrock Mountain Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Blackrock Mountain Expansion   Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 12:19 pm

This expansion is adding 31 new cards with a new adventure mode and class challenges
It will be presented exactly the same way Naxx was with the same release and pricing structure (though no free wing)

All of the cards have been released, you can see them all below, most of them seem to be made for arena, a lot of them seem way better in arena than in constructed
The class cards are hit and miss but each class has at least 1 good class card, warlock druid and warrior have kindve weak cards though
Three of the legendaries from this seem useful where as only 2 where good from nax
There are no epics for some reason, its kindve weird, not that it matters, but still

Its looking like it will be pretty fun, it will be out on April 2nd

Neutral

Dragon Egg
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635621915326961687

• Constructed
    I dont think dragons are aggressive enough (at least what weve seen so far and whats already in the game) to make an aggro dragon deck, and this seems like it only fits in an aggro deck, i guess it could be put into a standard aggro deck but nerubian egg already fills that role and does it better imo and you cant have both types of eggs in the same aggro deck since its not aggro enough, it might be thrown into midrange dragon decks just because it spawns dragons and costs 1 mana but i dont see it being used outside of dragon decks
  • Arena
    This card is worse than nerubian egg, at least nerubian egg acts as an anti aoe and if you do have activators for it the 4/4 is worth the trouble where as this just gets you a 2/1, maybe 2 2/1s which just arent worth it so its a terrible pick that id only ever take if my choices were all garbage

Blackwing Technician
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635612492550240671

• Constructed
    If this is used at all it will only be used in dragon decks (which i dont think will be as popular as mech decks are) and as a 3 mana 3/5 its not bad
  • Arena
    I think this will be decent in arena, even as a 3 mana 2/5 its stats work out pretty well for cleaning up those early game 3/2s, surviving with 2 hp instead of 1 is great vs mage and other classes that can deal 1 dmg so if its played on turn 3 it should get 2 for 1 most of the time even against mage, and its one of the best stats for cost you can get at 3 mana (with no down side) so yeah id pick it even with no dragons in the deck
    For some reason i thought this was a 2/5 for 3 mana that got +1 attack if you have a dragon in hand, but its a 2/4 which means it will die to a 3/2+1 dmg hero power so its not nearly as good as i was thinking, its still not bad though, surviving a hit from a 3/2 is still good for a 3 mana minion even if it does only have 1 hp after so id still consider picking it but now its more the kind of thing id pick if my curve looked bad and this helped rather than something id pick because it would be strong (unless i had several dragons in the deck of course)

Hungry Dragon
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635612491122164229

• Constructed
    The 1 mana cost minion they get will almost always be a 2/1 or something with 1 hp, so getting rid of it is pretty easy, i could see druid using this in a normal (non dragon) deck, any class that can deal 1 dmg could use this card pretty well really, and of course it will be in every dragon deck, a 4 mana 5/6 is amazing if you deal with the 1 mana cost minion easily
  • Arena
    This isnt as good as you would think since in arena the 2/1 will be able to attack into your hungry dragon essentially turning it into a lost tallstrider
    You need a deck with pretty good early game to make this work, so that you have something on the board to kill off the 2/1 that they get when you play this and it cant be a 3/2 since thats bad value so the only way id pick this over yeti is if my deck had a lot of early game 2/3s or if i was playing mage (even then id still probably take yeti unless i also had a bunch of 2/3s), id classify it as a mediocre card with the potential to be great depending on your class/deck

Dragonkin Sorcerer
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635621914856644165

• Constructed
    This card feels unfair to me, not in a "This is OP" kind of way, but more like this card is way better in some classes than others, like in priest, pally, and druid this card is pretty good and would be a great addition to a dragon deck, might even be good enough for standard priest, but in mage or hunter its ability is useless so a dragon mage or a dragon hunter will be much weaker because of it, maybe that was blizzards intention since mech mage and hunter has been so popular they actively tried to make something that wouldnt benefit them
    I dont see it being used outside of dragon decks that have buffs, dragon priest most likely
  • Arena
    A 4 mana 3/5 is average in arena, id probably pick it if i had a buff in the deck unless it was against something amazing, but without a buff in the deck id probably pass since there are so many good 4 mana cards to pick

Blackwing Corruptor
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635627957736363625

• Constructed
    This is basically a conditional, neutral fire elemental, an easy auto include for every dragon deck, it could even fit into non dragon decks that happen to have high cost dragons like alex or ysera since those sit in your hand for a long time and you always seem to draw them early, so id say its great
  • Arena
    More often than not this is an overpriced lost tallstrider, i would avoid picking it in most cases, i would have to have a good number of dragons in the deck to even consider it

Grim Patron
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 14435

• Constructed
    I dont see this being used, at all, every combo i think up for it is cool sounding/fun but probably really bad when you actually do it
  • Arena
    A terrible pick imo, 5 mana 3/3 is just bad and its ability will rarely work in arena

Drakonid Crusher
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635629686121344055

• Constructed
    I dont think dragon decks will get people down to 15hp by turn 6 so this is a 6 mana 9/9 that you probably play past turn 10 with a 4 mana follow up, as a 6 mana 6/6 its not good enough so youd only play it as a 6/6 when your a bit desperate, it fits into the holding a dragon theme too since this is a card you will hold for awhile
    It wont see play outside of a dragon deck, maybe "midrange" hunter can use it, but its too slow for any other aggro deck
    I dont like the design of this card, dragon decks will probably be midrange boardcontrol decks which dont really go for face that often and this condition is in conflict with that, i guess it has synergy with alexstraza, play alex, then this the next turn while they are at 15 hp, but that combo isnt even that great
    Its also a "win more" card, the enemy is already half dead and you put a 9/9 down, if they cant answer it you were already in a winning position anyway so it didnt do anything to help you really
  • Arena
    This should be an ok pick, 6 mana 6/6 is just barely good enough and it has the potential to be a 9/9 so its not bad

Volcanic Drake
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635629684713977399

• Constructed
    This is the first card that i hate, it has terrible stats and its so poorly designed that if it had good stats (like 4/6 or 5/5) it would be broken
    You can pretty easily make this cost 2 in a zoolock deck without even hurting your board with imps left over from implosion and like an activated egg, or 0 in hunter with unleash the hounds, it has no synergy with a dragon deck and a lot of synergy with aggro (non-face) decks, the thing is though zoo wont even use it because it only has 4hp, the only deck i think might use it is "midrange" hunter, it seems like a lot of these cards fit in there, i have to wonder if the designers like that type of deck
    In a dragon deck you can make it cost 4 if you do a straight trade which you probably dont want to be doing, and a 4 mana 6/4 isnt worth it, even a 3 mana 6/4 at the cost of 2 of your minions isnt worth it unless 1 of those minions were free, so i dont think it will make the cut in a dragon deck
    It also doesnt fit the holding a dragon theme because it wants to be played around turn 4 or 3 with its low hp and cost less mechanic
  • Arena
    6/4 stats suck, playing this at 6 mana is horrible and even at 4 mana, which is likely to happen, id rather just have a lost tallstrider since a 5/4 for 4 without the condition is better, the 1 extra attack wont matter most of the time, i guess i might pick it if i end up having to pick a card that wants me to be holding a dragon and i have no dragons, but i dont see that situation happening

Emperor Thaurissan
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633200104914910

• Constructed
    This might be an auto include in nearly every deck, its an end of turn effect every turn it lives this happens (i dont know if the effect stacks, i assume it would), the effect persists after it dies and it keeps the cost lowered for the rest of the game
    Its insane, probably brokenly OP
    Even if its only alive for 1 turn, every 2 cards you play that had its cost reduced by 1 is like playing an innervate, the tempo this card gives you is amazing
  • Arena
    I actually dont think this will be a good arena pick, 5/5 for 6 mana sucks, and its a legendary, when you pick a legendary you want the one that will give you the most board presence and this one doesnt give you any more than a yeti would, now youd think the cost reduction would be as amazing here as it is in constructed, but in arena your cards dont really have synergy, theres no combos and will mostly be minions, so the reduction just helps you play out your hand faster, and if you play it too fast you end up getting hit by a flamestrike and are left with nothing, so your forced to play slower and will end up rarely being able to take advantage of the reduction
    Its not a bad pick, not at all, but i think any of the bigger high quality legendaries with high hp are better than this one and if those come up in the same pick as this id go with those

Rend Blackhand
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635612498943549170

• Constructed
    In a control heavy meta i could see this being use to replace bgh, or used along side bgh, but a control heavy meta will never happen so i doubt this will see much play, if the ability was unconditional, if it just said "Battlecry: Destroy a legendary minion" it would be decent, but the dragon condition is just weird, why give it such bad stats and a condition like that, 1 or the other would be good enough to balance it out but not both, it should be a 4/8 with the same ability or an 8/4 without the dragon condition
  • Arena
    This might be the worst legendary you could pick in arena, it has bad stats for its cost, 4hp dies to a 3/2 and hero power which is really common, but youd also need to be holding a dragon for its ability to go off which is fairly unlikely and your enemy has to play a legendary to give its ability a target which is even more unlikely than you having a dragon in hand so
    The set of circumstances you would need for this card to be good in arena will never happen so id never pick this

Chromaggus
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633199964209977

• Constructed
    It dodges bgh, costs 8 mana instead of 9 and has a really powerful effect if it lives which is pretty likely so i think its a great card, it doesnt effect the board when it played though so i dont know how popular it will be but i really like it
  • Arena
    Easy pick in most cases, big body, amazing effect, top tier imo

Nefarian
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635629683731779943

• Constructed
    I really like this card, i think its fun, but i also think the only people that use it will be those that dont already have cards like ysera or alex
    Its battlecry is kindve weak, a lot of the classes have useless spells, i guess they are an extra 2 cards for free and the ability to pull random cards from no where is strong no matter how bad the card you get is, neptulon proved that
    Its just that 9 mana is so expensive for it, id think it would be a lot better as getting a random spell from your enemy's class at the end of your turn every turn, like yseras dream cards, you get less up front but if you play it right you get more in the long run, i guess that would be too powerful though
  • Arena
    Its a great pick in arena, nice big body and some card draw, its amazing in those top decking situations that you get into late game

Majordomo Executus
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633200503732989

• Constructed
    I love this card, but having 8 health makes it unplayable, your basically dead against most classes at 10-12 hp, so as cool as it is it just wont work 90% of the time
    It might find a place in control warrior, assuming it allows you to keep your armor, you get a ton of armor, like 15-20, then using this isnt so bad, also alex should set your hp to 15, so you could heal back up a bit after that, ill try it in control warrior for sure
  • Arena
    You can sit at 8hp and be perfectly fine in arena, theres no 1 card that will kill you while at 8 (except rag or crush but thats unlikely in arena) so they would need a combination of cards to kill you, the bad thing is that you probably will have more than 8hp before you play this and setting yourself to 8hp is a terrible idea
    Its like taking a huge risk for a huge reward, i dont know if the risk is worth it though, the 8 damage you do is random so even the reward is risky, it might just be too much risk to use, id have to test it or see it played for awhile to know if its worth it
    My first instinct would be to avoid picking it though just due to how much risk there is in playing it, any other big legendary would be more reliable

Mage
Dragons Breath
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635627957188987827

• Constructed
    This one is hard to evaluate, its the kind of card that can create a new type of deck, one that i would imagine has violet teachers or malygos in it and possibly even flame leviathan, it doesnt really fit into any of the current decks, its ok in freeze mage after a doomsayer turn it would be 0 mana in most cases and you could do like alex+this to the face to set up for double fireball lethal next turn, might work in fatigue mage since its just more removal, but doesnt fit mech mage
    So yeah, idk about it, i like it but idk if its good or bad
    There is a 1 turn kill with it, kindve, after a doomsayer turn that makes it free, 2x sorc apprentice, ancient mage, frost bolt. 2x ice lance, 2x dragons breath, ping face, 10 mana and 8 cards (technically 10 cards with doomesayer+frost nova from the turn before) for 30 damage, would probably only work in a freeze mage though and it doesnt seem very practical
  • Arena
    Most of the time this will cost 4 mana, and 4 dmg for 4 mana sucks, even 3 mana is only ok, 5 mana is way too expensive, so my initial thought is that its bad in most cases and would avoid picking it, but i will pick it when i see it the first time just to test it

Flamewaker
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635623925738780713

• Constructed
    This is like knife juggler, but with spells, or a worse goblin blast mage
    I could see it being used in mech mage or just an aggro mage with like mirror image and knife juggler, its a pretty good card, its far better than axe flinger
  • Arena
    Its an alright card, its kindve like a spell power minion, though better in most cases and its stats are normal so id pick it with a few spells in the deck if my other choices werent amazing

Shaman
Lava Shock
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635615868293078230

• Constructed
    This card looks amazing to me, dealing 2 damage for 2 mana sucks, but the 2nd half of this, the ability to clear overload seems insanely good and worth the 2 mana cost on its own, the 2 damage you get is just a bonus that comes with the overload clear, the tempo you could gain from this card is nearly as good as if not better than innervate in some cases, and it makes cards like lava burst better so im really looking forward to this card
  • Arena
    In arena you will rarely have overload to clear so its just a 2 mana deal 2 damage spell in most cases which sucks so i wouldnt pick it, my deck would need like a lightning bolt, an earth ele, and a lightning storm for me to pick it (if i had all those in a deck id probably pick it without even considering the other 2 choices)

Fireguard Destoyer
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633194706225626

• Constructed
    Shaman was really lacking good 4 cost cards so this is great, will probably be an auto include in every shaman deck
  • Arena
    One of the best minions you could pick in arena, 4/6 for 4 is incredible, if you get lucky and get 7/6 you probably just win the game right there as long as you can follow it up next turn

Warlock
Imp Gang Boss
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635623924946745425

• Constructed
    Its a demon but i dont think its good enough to even make it into a demon deck, i guess since there are still very few demons it could be put into a demon deck, it makes more sense than putting voidwalker into a control demon deck i guess so it might see play there, but it wont make demon decks any more popular and its not good enough outside of a demon deck, so i dont see it being used too often
  • Arena
    Youd think this was like impmaster, but its actually closer to razorfen hunter, though better with 4 hp
    They way i see it is, 80% of the time it will be a 2/4 that summons a 1/1, 19% of the time youll get 2 1/1s out of it while killing a 3/2 in the early game, 0.3% of the time youll get 3 or more imps out of it, and 0.7% of the time it gets silenced and its just a 2/4
    That killing a 3/2 and living with 1 hp part of it makes this worth picking, in that case its really good

Demonwrath
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633198759429820

• Constructed
    A good addition to demonlock, probably better than hellfire, will function like consecrate in most cases
    Demonlock really needs something to make it better, this is a good start, still wont make demonlock popular though (there will probably be a surge of demonlocks with this expansion, but after that it will die out again)
  • Arena
    This is basically a 2 damage hellfire in arena with less utility since it cant hit the enemy hero
    Ill probably avoid picking it, unless my deck ends up with a ton of demons

Priest
Twilight Whelp
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633195259269922

• Constructed
    I think priest and pally will have the best dragon decks, they have the best dragon class cards and the most synergy with the new dragons
    This is a zombie chow without the downside unless you get unlucky and zombie chow is really good so this should be great in a dragon deck
  • Arena
    2/1's in arena suck because of hero powers that deal 1 damage, even if your arena deck has dragons it probably wont be enough to fulfill the condition to get a 2/3 in the early game so its bad in most cases

Resurrect
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633197609570454

• Constructed
    This seems slightly OP to me, most of the minions in your deck will cost more than 2 mana, and they will all be good minions since they are all from your deck, so in most cases it will be worth it, in fact half the time it would result in a huge tempo play
    I guess it might revive something crappy that you stole with thoughtsteal from an aggro deck, in that case it would probably be bad, but thats pretty unlucky to happen
  • Arena
    Again, most of the minions in your deck will cost 2 or more, so reviving 1 of those will be worth the mana cost of this card, worst case you get a 2/3 for 2 mana which is average, actually worst case youd be reviving the 1 cost minion you get from the enemy's hungry dragon or a random 1/1 that you generated from something, but that would be super unlucky
    So yeah, at worst something average happens, on average something good happens, and at best something amazing happens so its probably a good pick

Druid
Druid of the Flame
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633196511383588

• Constructed
    The thing this transforms into is a beast, so beast druid has more stuff, but i doubt beast druid will become a thing after this
    I really dont see this being used, it just doesnt do enough in constructed, maybe some day if/when beast druid is a thing
  • Arena
    A 3 mana 2/5 is great, it survives a hit from a 3/2 with 2 hp instead of 1 which means it should trade 2 for 1 in most cases during the early game, so its a good pick
    A 3 mana 5/2 sucks, i guess you could use it to set up lethal next turn in some specific situations

Volcanic Lumberer
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633196005411575

• Constructed
    It could be played as a followup to a nice swipe, but that seems impractical to me, if its used it would be in a new token druid
    I doubt it will see play though
  • Arena
    This will cost 7 mana in most cases so its not bad, its a rare too so will probably be the best choice most of the time
    Playing it at 9 mana is bad though

Hunter
Quick Shot
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633197955600471

• Constructed
    I swear theres a troll on hearthstone's dev team, hes the guy that made kidnapper, magma rager, milhouse, neptulon, flame leviathan, undertaker, unstable portal and mechwarper
    He just keeps feeding silly ideas to the others and no one wants to tell him his ideas are dumb because hes the CEO's nephew or some relative so they just go along with what he says
    He only plays face hunter and wants the other classes to have shitty cards in comparison to him
    Seriously though, this is just dumb, i mean, here, look: http://www.hearthhead.com/deckbuilder#cMmo7Mm17Mm27MVz7MkL7Mk17Ms27Mqs7Mhq7MIm7Mna7Mxq7Mxd7MvV7MCh8c
    That deck will probably be the new face hunter, it will make it so people cant play all the new fun cards because they will lose by turn 6 against that unless they specifically counter it and since none of these new cards counter this you wont be able to use that many of them, why would you do this blizzard, i dont understand
  • Arena
    This is strictly better than darkbomb, and darkbomb is already a good pick, so yeah, this is a good pick

Core Rager
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635623925373152357

• Constructed
    I dont understand why blizzard is trying to encourage face hunter, its like they want people to play face hunter, why would they want that, they made all these interesting cards and very few of them can actually be played when face hunter is around since that deck is too fast, i dont know if this card will fit into face hunter, they tried fel reaver and that didnt work so it might be the same with this card, im sure they will try it though, this card also fits into the "midrange" hunter (its just an aggro deck with sludge belcher, highmane and boom in it, not really midrange at all) but i dont know if it will be used there
    Face hunter is really all its good for, i doubt we will see something interesting, like a beast deck emerge with this card in it, if this card sees play it will be all face hunter all the time
  • Arena
    This card should be pretty good in arena, it acts as a big guy when top decking which is usually what you need when top decking and its a 4 mana 4/4 which isnt terrible if you play it with cards in your hand so its a fine pick, its a rare too so it will never come up against a yeti which would be a really hard choice, i can come up against highmane but thats an easy choice

Rogue
Gang Up
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633198415008675

• Constructed
    Much like the other rogue card this would fit really well into a new control rogue, im definitely going to make a control dragon rogue with these new cards
    I guess it could fit into oil rogue too, could copy violet teacher or azure drake, but i doubt it will be used there
    Its probably too slow to play by any deck since it doesnt do anything on the turn you play it and probably wont help your next turn either
    Fatigue rogue could be a thing too with this, similar to echo in fatigue mage
  • Arena
    Probably a terrible pick, doesnt do anything when you play it and you will probably draw something as good as the thing you copy is anyway so in most cases this seems like a card that just wastes 2 mana

Dark Iron Skulker
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635612498516993264

• Constructed
    This card doesnt fit into any current popular rogue deck, i could see a new rogue deck being made with this card in it, some sort of control rogue, but bladeflurry is already such a great board clearing card that i dont see this card being used too
  • Arena
    This card should be amazing in arena, its basically consecrate with a 1 mana 4/3 attached, even if it only hits 1 target its a better stormpike commando so id pick it most of the time i saw it (up to 2 in the deck)

Paladin
Solemn Vigil
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633188497281940

• Constructed
    This seems like a bad arcane intellect to me, people will clear your 1/1s every turn now at almost any cost in fear of quartermaster so getting those to reduce the cost of this usually wont work, and an even trade causes it to be arcane int which just kindve sucks to me, i guess pally has very little card draw and this might be good enough because of that, but i really dont think it will be
    Arcane int isnt even that good of a card drawing card in general so a conditional arcane int is even worse
    The 1 thing its great at is being used right after an equality combo, could even be free after an equality combo, in that case it would actually be good but thats a 3 card combo with 2 of those cards being dead until you drew the 3rd, so its pretty questionable if thats a good combo, its worth a try at least
  • Arena
    A bad arcane int, i would avoid picking it in almost all cases

Dragon Consort
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633189647677534

• Constructed
    This card is OP, those 9 mana dragons suddenly cost 7, could play this on turn 5, then turn 6 coin out ysera or nefarian, thats insane
    Dont even need the coin to play chromaggus on turn 6, easy auto include into the pally dragon deck
  • Arena
    If you have a couple dragons in your arena deck its not bad, it could even be a good pick depending on what dragons you have in the deck, the effect lasts forever, until you play a dragon, so even if you dont have a dragon when you play this youll draw 1 of the few you have eventually and will still have the reduction
    Without any dragons in your deck though i would avoid it unles the other choices were garbage since a vanilla 5/5 for 5 isnt terrible

Warrior
Revenge
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635633197280910107

• Constructed
    Warrior doesnt really need more ways to deal dmg to everything, most warrior decks only need the 2 deathbites, some have a whirlwind in there too and i could see this replacing that
    Having a conditional 2 mana hellfire against aggro decks would be pretty nice so yeah, that 1 whirlwind would be replaced by this
  • Arena
    I think generally this is a bad pick, it will be an overpriced whirlwind in most cases, the circumstances required to make this card good are really unlikely to happen so i would avoid it

Axe Flinger
Blackrock Mountain Expansion 635615868955072770

• Constructed
    This card is weird, i could see what they were going for, since warrior hurts his own minions this card should synergize well, but the only warrior deck that benefits from this is an aggro enrage deck and its too slow to work in an aggro deck, all the other warrior decks dont care how much hp the enemy has until the super late game so this card wont do anything for those decks and is too slow for the decks that it would help so i dont see it being used
  • Arena
    Its a very weak 4 mana card, 2/5 for 4 isnt worth it, i would avoid picking it, the ability doesnt matter in arena, its kindve like nightblade, actually it might be worse than nightblade, id pick nightblade over this so yeah, worse than nightblade

So what do you guys think of the new cards

Last edited by Pat1487 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:52 am; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Blackrock Mountain Expansion   Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 4:00 pm

I wonder how they will make hunter op again, with the upcommign new cards.
Im super disapointed that there isnt a first free wing, especially with the gold costs being so inane. I feel like vs AI is pretty fun, but way too short for what you pay for and if Naxx is an appropriate model, most of the cards are kinda pointless and crappy. When doing wings you are usually aiming for 1 to 2 cards that you will actually use.
As for the cards, it looks like they are learning from the GvG mega failure. The mech synergy was way too powerful and it was primarily early game synergy, which made it extremely anti-fun. Here it seems that dragon type cards will be the theme, but these cards look like high cost and not over-powered, which is good!
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Blackrock Mountain Expansion   Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:45 pm

The gold costs arent that insane, its 70 days of dailies at most, on average is about 55 days, which you can do once every 3 days, so you play an hour or 2 every 3 days for 2 months and you have enough gold for it, and it takes 1 month for the whole thing to be out and the announced it a month before it releases so theres plenty of time to save up for it without even trying

If you are just starting to play though then yeah, the gold cost is insane since you have no cards, but for people like us its really easy to do
Its even faster if you want to be risky with arena if you try hard enough

And Naxx had 2 or 3 cards in each wing that were good
The first wing had nerubian egg and haunted creeper
Second had belcher and loatheb
Third had spectral knight, reincarnate and void caller
Fouth was the best with mad scientist, chow, and dark cultist (and undertaker before the nerf)
Fifth had kelthuzad, shade of naxx, and avenge (the best pally secret by far, though thats not saying much but still)

Those cards are in almost every deck, expect for the last wing, but kelthuzad is insanely powerful when in certain decks or played in certain situations, and its also just a fun card to use
Plus you get hardcore mode which is fun to build a deck and use cards youd normally never use to beat it, so its worth the 700 gold

But like i said earlier, if i recently started playing it would suck and i would be complaining about how expensive it is
In fact i cant even recommend this game to anyone that hasnt played it before anymore since everyone is using all the best cards and getting those cards as a new player would take forever trying to do it for free and it would suck the whole time playing against all these decks that use the optimal cards while your trying to make the best you can with what you got, especially in this aggro meta

The expansion might release on April 2rd, this date was taken from the official korean blizzard site, but it has since then been removed so that date is unconfirmed
My guess for the release date was the 14th or the 21st which seems more likely to me so i wont expect anything until late april

They announced a few more cards since the last time so check my first post here to see those and tell me what you think of the new cards so far

Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Blackrock Mountain Expansion   Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:09 pm

i think the best cards so far have been dragonkin sorc, blackwing, lava shock and core rager. i hate core rager as well, idk what they were thinking after they sorta tried to discourage the deck. i get diversity among cards and allowing choice, but sometimes it just seems like theyre throwing things out there

my favorites are dragonkin, blackwing, nefarian, dragon's breath, and lava shock. i immediately thought of skipping ysera when i saw it haha
Quote :
Its just that 9 mana is so expensive for it, id think it would be a lot better as getting a random spell from your enemy's class at the end of your turn every turn, like yseras dream cards, you get less up front but if you play it right you get more in the long run, i guess that would be too powerful though
but thats only if you get it to stick, and its got ~1 additional target than ysera on it. i think itd be better in control warrior, or something similar, but its a lot more viable like this. if only it was 8 for a 7/7

i kinda like axe flinger actually :p

Quote :
Those cards are in almost every deck, expect for the last wing, but kelthuzad is insanely powerful when in certain decks or played in certain situations, and its also just a fun card to use
idk is kelthuzad actually good though? like given a match between two good players actually trying, it seems hard to force a situation where it works. maybe surprise kel would work, but since it pretty much is in 1 or 2 decks only it becomes even harder to play
i think tournaments are a little boring like that. your decks cant really use slightly worse cards and try and make the unanticipated value stretch to cover. if you were in a tournament what kinds of decks would you bring? either for fun or seriously, idc
id probably bring something flexible like mage, something with just a solid chance to kill the other person like force druid, aggro warrior, or combo shaman, and then something absolutely ridiculous like cho paladin or cho gallywix (cho is necessary though)

wow i didnt realize there were so many different tournament formats for hearthstone. ok something simple then just bo3/5 single elimination for decks
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Blackrock Mountain Expansion   Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 7:56 pm

My favorite cards are lava shock, resurrect, and all the legendaries except rend
I think the best cards for constructed are emperor thaurissan, blackwing corrupter, dragon consort, quick shot, lava sock, and maybe chromaggus
And the best cards for arena are nefarian, chromaggus, quick shot, hungry dragon, resurrect, and fireguard destroyer, with most of the rest of the cards being pretty decent
I dont like the hunter cards, and i think dragon consort and twilight whelp shouldve been neutral, twilight whelp being neutral wouldve given dragon decks the anti aggro they needed, as it is now this expansion added nothing to help deal with aggro for dragon decks, and dragon consort makes ysera and nefarian more playable at 7 mana which every dragon deck class really needs

Serenity09 wrote:
but thats only if you get it to stick, and its got ~1 additional target than ysera on it. i think itd be better in control warrior, or something similar, but its a lot more viable like this. if only it was 8 for a 7/7
Imagine if ysera said "Battlecry: Put 2 dream cards into your hand" it would be so much worse, theres just so much less potential there
Imo, its worth taking 1 less card up front for the potential to gain so many more in future turns
Getting ysera or any big legendary to stick isnt that hard, just hold it for a really long time, the enemy will eventually burn their hard removal on your other stuff as they get more and more desperate to stay in the game
My priest deck only had 3 legendaries in it, ysera, boom, and sylvanas with my 4th biggest minion being cabal shadowpriest, a 4/5, and i was able to get ysera to stick pretty easily and it would carry me through the late game

But, yeah 8 for a 7/7 with the same effect would be better since you can use a 2 mana spell or your hero power that same turn

Serenity09 wrote:
i kinda like axe flinger actually :p
Lol, your warrior deck is like the only warrior deck where axe flinger is really good

Serenity09 wrote:
idk is kelthuzad actually good though? like given a match between two good players actually trying, it seems hard to force a situation where it works. maybe surprise kel would work, but since it pretty much is in 1 or 2 decks only it becomes even harder to play
The deck i was using to get to legend back in october had kel in it, and it wouldve gotten to legend if i had the patience to grind out the games to get there, hes still as good now as he was then
Basically you play him on a turn where you trade 1 of your mid game minions into something to kill both, its especially good with sylvanas because the best solution to the sylvanas puzzle without hard removal or silence is to ignore her for a turn or 2, let her kill your stuff until you can finagle the board into a state where nothing is stolen but you still got value out of your minions instead of just trading them all in as soon as she's played
So your sylvanas will usually be alive for when you play kel, then you trade it in, probably dont steal anything since if they did it right theres nothing left to steal, but get a new sylvanas out of it ruining their solution, and youd also know that they probably dont have the removal or silence since they didnt use it on sylvanas in the first place
And if they did use removal/silence on sylvanas then kel is a bit safer for later when you try it with another mid game minion

But it doesnt need to be with sylvanas, it works with pretty much any 5-6 mana cost minions, you trade it in, play kel, it comes back, its usually enough to tip the game into your favor if its even, or even it out if your behind
If kel lives past their turn then you just won the game, if he doesnt then its no big deal, he did his job by going at least 2 for 1
Kel is actually the first big minion you want to play in most cases, because if he lives you just win like i was saying above, if he doesnt live you just forced them to use hard removal or do a terrible trade which makes your future turns easier

Recently ive used it with dr. boom to great effect (though i didnt try it in ranked, but some of the people i played against had real decks with legend card backs), you play boom on turn 7, they kill boom but usually leave the boom bots alive, you play kel next turn and now you have an army of suicide bombers, its especially great if they didnt use bgh to kill boom, like if they needed poly/hex/siphon for the 7/7 because kel will probably live and you just win

Serenity09 wrote:
i think tournaments are a little boring like that. your decks cant really use slightly worse cards and try and make the unanticipated value stretch to cover. if you were in a tournament what kinds of decks would you bring? either for fun or seriously, idc
id probably bring something flexible like mage, something with just a solid chance to kill the other person like force druid, aggro warrior, or combo shaman, and then something absolutely ridiculous like cho paladin or cho gallywix (cho is necessary though)
wow i didnt realize there were so many different tournament formats for hearthstone. ok something simple then just bo3/5 single elimination for decks
Id probably bring 1 crazy deck, like my old shut up and draw druid, i think that would work pretty well in a tourny since a lot of those decks are control focused, most people in tourney's only have 1 aggro deck, if that, so i think a ridiculous deck could work better there than in ranked

Id bring 1 standard deck, probably oil rogue as an anchor to bail me out, shut up and draw, and something that specifically counters oil rogue, probably pally with double healbot and more taunt than usual, harrison and ooze
In a best of 5 format id add a priest that steals all the things, and another standard deck, probably freeze mage

If the format allowed for bans id go crazy with ridiculous decks and then just ban hunter/warlock every time
My "Could the legends be true?" deck (the shaman deck with 2x alarmobot, 9 spells and the rest legendaries) could probably do well in a tourney if i banned hunter/warlock, i might ban mage instead of warlock depending on the player, like if a player is known for playing mech mage and handlock id ban mage instead of warlock since that deck usually destroys handlock
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Blackrock Mountain Expansion   Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 8:13 am

Quote :
Imagine if ysera said "Battlecry: Put 2 dream cards into your hand" it would be so much worse, theres just so much less potential there
i dont even have ysera so i really dont know, but i think the reason she was strong would just be different. youd have a pretty solid chance, maybe as good as getting normal ysera to stick, at just drawing awakens outright (and having it would let you trade for it), and nightmare and dream might be better. but again i think its hard to say w her value being so different

Quote :
Recently ive used it with dr. boom to great effect (though i didnt try it in ranked, but some of the people i played against had real decks with legend card backs), you play boom on turn 7, they kill boom but usually leave the boom bots alive, you play kel next turn and now you have an army of suicide bombers, its especially great if they didnt use bgh to kill boom, like if they needed poly/hex/siphon for the 7/7 because kel will probably live and you just win
lol ok that does sound pretty sweet. maybe ill give him more of a chance

the legendaries they revealed at the end look awesome. if emporer's abil stacks per turn i think itll be op, but fun so i guess thats ok. i cant believe they added ANOTHER face hunter card. 1 was an oversight but both???
since face hunter is going to be so strong, what do you guys think the new auto-includes for control decks will be?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Blackrock Mountain Expansion   Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
i dont even have ysera so i really dont know, but i think the reason she was strong would just be different. youd have a pretty solid chance, maybe as good as getting normal ysera to stick, at just drawing awakens outright (and having it would let you trade for it), and nightmare and dream might be better. but again i think its hard to say w her value being so different
You cant play awakens the same turn you play ysera without the coin even if it was a battlecry, dream and nightmare would be better in many cases, they could give you lethal or stop lethal the turn you play ysera but that situation isnt that likely or reliable

The biggest thing it would do in most cases is give you a much more powerful turn after ysera, like say you get drake and laughing sister from it, you could play both next turn, that would be kindve hard to deal with, double drake would be incredibly hard for them to deal with in a lot of cases
There are times when it can be stronger, but a lot of the time you wouldnt even want to play both drakes at the same time, due to equality/shadowflame/bladeflurry combos
And most of the time adding more power to the board, when you already have a lot down, doesnt actually make a difference so id want to space out those 2 drakes across 2 turns which is how ysera works normally, unless it dies immediately

Nefarian will probably draw you a spell that costs at least 2 mana, and most of the 1 mana spells wont do anything that late in the game, so its not like you could play 2 spells on turn 10 right after nefarian, most of the time youll play them on the next turn and since they are situational youll probably space them out between turns, so while double drake from the ysera battlecry would be really strong in a lot of cases, the nefarian battlecry probably wont be able to make such strong plays the turn after and just getting 1 spell at the end of every turn would be better

If 1 of them has to give 2 cards as a battlecry and the other at the end of every turn id rather ysera have the battlecry and nef have the end of turn ability, since ysera as a battlecry does have that clutch potential with the dream cards or a really powerful followup turn where as nefarian cant really do either of those and would be better just getting 1 spell per turn

Serenity09 wrote:
the legendaries they revealed at the end look awesome. if emporer's abil stacks per turn i think itll be op, but fun so i guess thats ok. i cant believe they added ANOTHER face hunter card. 1 was an oversight but both???
since face hunter is going to be so strong, what do you guys think the new auto-includes for control decks will be?
The cost reduction does stack and it can get insane, its not the auto include into every non-aggro deck that i thought it was though

So after playing with the cards for a bit, i made 2 decks (and threw the emperor into all of my old decks)
The first deck i made was to see how bad grim patron was
This is how the deck ended up: http://www.hearthhead.com/deckbuilder#cMN7MmW7zVK7zVW7zoQ7MoS7Mao7MaQ7MqV7Mdh7Mio7Muv7Mnk7MxE7MxC7zCG7MCB8z
Originally i tried to make a control hybrid with the entire combo based on grim patron, it didnt work, at all, it was funny though
So i cut the control parts and made it more like an enrage deck that just happens to have grim patron in it and it works a lot better

Grim patron ends up acting like a really weird force of nature, you know how in druid sometimes you get desperate and need to clear with part of your combo, except here its not desperation since you keep whatever patrons survive
The most interesting thing about the patron though is that a lot of decks cant deal 3 damage exactly to it, so i was finding that i could just throw it down and it would generate another 3/3 and they done have 3 damage for that 1 either so that one generates another 3/3 and it just spirals out of control for them

So i went into it thinking grim patron sucked and came out thinking hes not terrible

The next deck i made was a fatigue rogue to play with gang up: http://www.hearthhead.com/deckbuilder#cMcc7Mcu7Moq7MkM7MkQ7MkU7Mqh7Mfu7Mid7zhM7Mh37zuB7znV7MxG7zvt7zvl7zEx7MDc8m
This one started off as a pure fatigue deck, where the only win condition was fatigue, but that wasnt working, hunter is too fast, so i added in the oil combo since thats OP and the mystic to stop explosives/freezing/mirror entity (and occasionally counterspell from that new tempo mage)
This one is a lot of fun, i had 2 games where i kept returning the mystic to steal secrets, and 1 time i stole duplicate, which made more coldlight oracles, i played 9 oracles that game
Against face hunter i was using gang up on deathlords, 1 game i played all of them (Cool and returned 2 to my hand to heal them back to full (from like 2) so i had some where around 90hp that game, it was insane

I might actually take this one into ranked as it didnt seem to have a single bad matchup, i didnt see any druids though
I think this is the only type of deck gang up could work in, after using it i dont think it can fit into a normal control rogue, maybe 1 of them could work, but even then, the game probably wont go on long enough for it to matter

I havent tested resurrect yet, and i mentioned above that the emperor wasnt an auto include in every deck like i thought it would be, thats because you cant really take advantage of the reduced mana cost most of the time in a lot of decks, it ends up having the same problem that i talked about in the arena section for this card, where it just lets you play your hand out faster rather than being able to make tempo plays like how innervate lets you, which is the main strength of innervate
Its still a good card, but it doesnt fit into every non-aggro deck like i thought
Its also a bit to slow with all these face hunters around, so after putting it in all my decks i took it out of a couple

And i tested quick shot with the deck i linked to in the quick shot section of the first post, its as OP as i thought it would be, i had 1 game where i quick shot with an empty hand into kill command for lethal, i felt like i needed to take a shower after that
But some day its possible that it will make control hunter a thing, a 2 mana deal 3 damage spell is sometime all control decks share and now that hunter has 1 it does make control hunter more viable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackrock Mountain Expansion   Blackrock Mountain Expansion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blackrock Mountain Expansion
Page 1 of 1