Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_lcap26%The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_lcap35%The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_lcap19%The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_lcap0%The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_lcap0%The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_lcap10%The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_lcap10%The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Empty
PostSubject: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter   The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 11:50 pm

Plot:
You are Paul Prospero, an occult-minded detective who receives a disturbing letter from Ethan Carter. Realizing the boy is in grave danger, Paul arrives at Ethan’s home of Red Creek Valley, where things turn out to be even worse than he imagined. Ethan has vanished in the wake of a brutal murder, which Paul quickly discerns might not be the only local murder worth looking into.

Taken from: http://store.steampowered.com/app/258520

Thoughts:
I went into this game hoping for something where you just solve crimes, not just by shooting people, but through investigation and evidence and the occult aspect seemed like it could be interesting as a detective so i was sold without looking into the game any further

Let me just go over my first 15 minutes of gameplay before i say anything else, ill be as vague as possible as to not spoil anything:

The game starts you out in a tunnel, the first thing i did was turn around from the direction they face you at the start and walk the wrong way down the tunnel, i thought it would just stop me with an invisible wall or something but it doesnt, i went the opposite way in that tunnel and even after finishing the game i have no idea if that effected anything in the game, i dont think it does but i dont want to spend the time replaying the entire game to find out

After that i went to explore the forest and quickly learned not to explore the forest, so i just followed the path and came upon the first puzzle, i figured it would be a simple tutorial puzzle but immediately got stuck on it, i couldnt figure out what i was missing so i decided to see if i could explore a different part of the forest

I could and so i did, i went really far off the path and stumbled into something very out of place, i realized it was a puzzle, an incredibly easy one, and solved it right away
After solving that puzzle my feelings toward my reward for solving it were:
Confusion with slight intrigue
Panic
More confusion with a lot more intrigue
More panic
Filled with amazement
Awestruck
A lot more confusion
EXTREME PANIC
Relief
Slight panic
Relief
Satisfaction

It was probably the greatest experience from a single player game ive ever had
I went back to solving the first puzzle after that

When you start the game it says it doesnt hold your hand, and it really doesnt, it doesnt even tell you that there are puzzles, you can very easily miss important bits of the story, theres no map, no objective list, nothing that tracks your progress, you just explore around and find stuff as you go to discover the story, you dont have to do the puzzles in order, it would probably be extremely confusing if you dont solve them in order though, or if you miss one, i did the first 3 out of order and was bit confused by the overall story, but the first 3 arent that important, the others are and will probably cause a ton of confusion if done out of order

The puzzles are pretty logical and enjoyable, i never felt like i couldnt solve something, the first puzzle was the only one i got stuck on completely and its because i missed something very small
Solving crimes is like the detective parts in batman arkham origins, where you had the bat computer reconstruct the crime scene as you found evidence and you could play through the events of the crime, but instead of a bat computer you have occult powers

Its a lot like gone home where you get as much of the story as your willing to look for and if you like that type of thing like i do then this game is great
Back to top Go down

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: Other Games-
Jump to: