Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_lcap26%Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_lcap35%Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_lcap19%Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_lcap0%Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_lcap0%Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_lcap10%Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_lcap10%Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Wc3 on Bnet 2.0   Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 12:07 pm

This is prob not going to happen but it would be cool
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/02/battlenet-launcher-update-suggests-warcraft-3-support-incoming
It will probabaly get a lot of people back to wc3 and the other classic games if Bnet 1.0 and Bnet2.0 were connected.
I always thought it was stupid that they didn't do that in the first place. But honestly Blizzard really did mess up with the initial Bnet 2.0. It didn't have chats/clans and it felt cold and empty, well it does still feel cold and empty, but i think this would really be cool.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wc3 on Bnet 2.0   Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 7:20 pm

It seems like they will add wc3 to the bnet launcher (and possibly other old titles, like diablo 2)
But they wont be combining bnet 1.0 with 2.0, youll just be able to dl and launch the older games through the launcher, which is something they shouldve added awhile ago

They would need to do a lot of work on wc3 (and the other older games) to make them work with bnet 2.0, i doubt they are even compatible, so it would have to be a full re-write a lot of the older games code, which just isnt something they would spend time and money on doing

If they do add wc3 to the bnet launcher it means the launcher will be more like steam, where you have an overlay in game, at least for the older games
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wc3 on Bnet 2.0   Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Listen pat.
DONT
RUIN
DIS
FOR
MEH
But i mean if ya think about it, the client's chat system is connected to the BNet chat system. But you are probably right.
At least i think they will patch Wc3 after or before this so we may get some nice extra tweeks (maybe).
Its probably all going to be announced in the upcomming Blizzcon. I wonder why the datamined stuff is only from wc3 though, there is no mention about the other classic games from the data mine.
This is what was found for those interested
https://imgur.com/B2J5TEN,eSPNbmi,pJOPcvG,YbVH2rA,xLKs4rJ,Pi3dbFG,JFt6LkB
Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 B2J5TEN
This looks like the client background
Besides the launch icon, ionno what the rest icons are for.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wc3 on Bnet 2.0   Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 9:35 am

also, recently blizz has shown interest in an interview about taking another look at their old games. given that its blizz this could mean literally anything, but ill be a little hopeful
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wc3 on Bnet 2.0   Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 12:32 pm

So ive been checking updates about the warcraft 3 and Blizzard from Blizzcon. What i know is that, blizzard will likely be releasing a new title this Blizzcon and they definitely have something planned for Warcraft 3. This could range from simply adding it to the launcher to, what some have been speculating, a wc3 HD or wc4. Although this is my dream, it seems less likely than the alternative, which is simply a new game unrelated to any other franchise, since they filed a trademark for the name Overwatch. Some higher ups have confirmed a *SURPRISING ANNOUNCEMENT* and it will not be legacy of the void, since it has already been announced.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wc3 on Bnet 2.0   Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Blizzard (and companies in general) does this kind of thing all the time, remember Titan?
Everyone thought it would be an starcraft mmo in the same way that wow was a warcraft mmo, but would be untraditional (since wow is already a traditional mmo and theres no reason to have 2) so people thought it would be an action fps mmo in the starcraft universe
This is what it turned out to be: http://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzards-titan-actually-was-1638632121
TLDR; A failure

If Overwatch actually becomes a game it will probably be a smaller f2p game, like hearthstone, most likely either a tactical turn based strategy game or an FPS with a name like that, possibly a god game like spore, from dust, or black and white (though thats unlikely)
Its def not wc3 hd (wc3 will be put on the launcher, maybe with a small patch but will basically be the same as it is now)
And im 99% sure its not wc4, they cant really make wc4 while wow runs (its also no where near as profitable as just releasing a wow expansion)

They also trademarked Eye of Azshara (might not be real)
If it is real thats more likely to be wc4 than overwatch, but still i dont think it is, much more likely to be the hearthstone expansion title (it could be the next wow expansion but that would be weird)
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wc3 on Bnet 2.0   Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 3:48 pm

I was thinking the hearthstone expansion would follow the WoW expansion line. I haven't played WoW, but i think Naxxramas was the first raid, so i believe the next one would be the Illidan thing. Of course it would also be boring if it followed the WoW lien exactly,so maybe this aszhara thing will eb the next hearthstone expansion.
Another possibility is the ashara thing might be the next WoW expansion, since they do trademark the names pretty early, but this is probably too early.

Also ive read that there is a team working on in Blizzard who are *trying to breath life back into warcraft 3*, so hopefully the patch will bring a spike of players back to wc3. My hope anyway is just to have better servers and the possibility to be connected to Bnet 2.0 chat.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wc3 on Bnet 2.0   Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:58 pm

I still believe in wc4
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wc3 on Bnet 2.0   Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 6:02 am

idk im very skeptical about them patching wc3. there have been so many glaring bugs that have gone unfixed for decades at this point its like why would they bother now. im more optimistic about a wc4 than them fixing wc3, but i guess i could see them adding in bnet 2.0 chat or some other new buggy content
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wc3 on Bnet 2.0   Wc3 on Bnet 2.0 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wc3 on Bnet 2.0
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: