Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
State of the forum I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
State of the forum I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
State of the forum I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
State of the forum I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
State of the forum I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
State of the forum I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
State of the forum I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
State of the forum I_vote_lcap26%State of the forum I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
State of the forum I_vote_lcap35%State of the forum I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
State of the forum I_vote_lcap19%State of the forum I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
State of the forum I_vote_lcap0%State of the forum I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
State of the forum I_vote_lcap10%State of the forum I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
State of the forum I_vote_lcap10%State of the forum I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

State of the forum

Go down 
5 posters

Why do you check the site even though theres been 0 posts for almost the last 2 weeks
I read the posts but havent had time to write the posts I want to make in response
State of the forum I_vote_lcap25%State of the forum I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
I read the posts but dont want to write any response
 25% [ 1 ]
I read the posts but dont care about them
 25% [ 1 ]
I dont want to start new topics so im waiting for someone to make a topic/post that interests me so that i can post in response
 0% [ 0 ]
Ive been writing a long/important post for months at a very slow pace
 25% [ 1 ]
I dont read or write posts, I just check the site out of habit or for the chat
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 3:53 am

Its been 12 days since someone other than me has posted here, even before that the majority of the posts have been by me
I kept posting at my normal pace, maybe a bit more because of nax related stuff, but everyone else stopped posting almost entirely, pretty much for all of august

I figured nax related stuff would get some discussion, especially since seren started playing, most of us were playing hearthstone during nax's release, but no, it went no where
Even the anime threads have stopped all discussion, like i could keep posting there after every ep or every couple of eps but no one seemed to want to respond so i just stopped as i actually want discussion there

I knew the archeage thread would get 0 responses, maybe 1 from slayer or seren, maybe joe, but i didnt expect that to go anywhere, the first post i made there is basically to tell people the game exists and write out my impressions which i enjoy doing so id write that even if no one read it
The 2nd post in that thread by me is actually for me more than anyone else lol, i will forget a lot of what i wrote there when the game releases so that post exists as a reference for me for when the game releases, so again i dont really care if theres a discussion there or even if anyone else actually plays it (it would be nice, but i know theres only 3 potential people that would play it, 2 really)

But theres been almost no posts since the end of july
So i stopped posting for the past 10 days to see if it was me causing people to not post anything, like maybe i just post too much and its overwhelming, but still no one posted anything, i figured people would stop checking the forums since there was nothing new here
But people still check the forums just like always, theres been very little change in how often people check the forums, even though theres nothing here

I really dont get it, it would make sense if people stopped checking the forum and the posts stopped, or if it was the other way around, but you all still come here yet dont say anything and as far as i cant tell dont read anything that ive been posting

TLDR;
Why do you check the forum even though you dont read/make posts?

Why dont you read/make posts?

Also theres a poll at the top
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 4:12 am

alot of ppl are starting schools around now, so i assume that might be a reason for some of the inactivity. but for me, i check to see if anything interesting is posted like an upcoming beta you post about or tv show or anything really, then i scroll down to chatango and look to see whats going on there. i dont really feel a need to post some things on hearthstone because its really only you and me that play the game (seren doesnt count cuz all he does is arena and ignore me 24/7), so ill just message you whenever i see you on about it. id still be interested in a "top pc games" thread if anyone could get around to that thread. i posted all of mine in the "top 5 favorite console games" thread.

also, alot of us just type to each other on skype chat or on LoL or something. amazing/olo/hanny/bacon/arun/me/others are all in one big skype group that we just message each other about everything. the only people missing from that skype group that are really active around here are you(pat), seren, and ach. ach talks alot on chatango, seren doesnt respond to anyone not named pat, and everyone in the skype group besides bacon and amazing havent ever really used the forum to post much
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 12:46 am

Kallock wrote:
alot of ppl are starting schools around now, so i assume that might be a reason for some of the inactivity
It shouldnt be this bad for this long, its been pretty bad since mid july

Kallock wrote:
also, alot of us just type to each other on skype chat or on LoL or something. amazing/olo/hanny/bacon/arun/me/others are all in one big skype group that we just message each other about everything. the only people missing from that skype group that are really active around here are you(pat), seren, and ach. ach talks alot on chatango, seren doesnt respond to anyone not named pat, and everyone in the skype group besides bacon and amazing havent ever really used the forum to post much
You bacon and hlw used to post about anime occasionally, amazing used to post a bunch i didnt even know he was back, i thought he came back and left again
Mark used to post a bit but doesnt now
Seren is ignoring me too, most of the time, idk why but im glad to know he ignores others, i thought he was mad at me for some reason
And ach has been busy i guess or just doesnt feel like posting about sc2 stuff anymore, and without ach joe stopped checking/posting

If you made the skype group recently, like within the last month, then i guess that explains some of it, but im pretty sure its been around for awhile so it doesnt explain the drop in posts to 0

Also you guys are missing the point of a forum, its to consolidate everything, so that if we arent on at the same time to chat we dont have to say the same things to multiple people, or have to wait until you are on at the same time they are
Like what do you do when someone is offline when you talk about something in your skype group, you tell them about it later repeating more or less the same thing if its interesting right, where as with a forum they can just read it whenever and you only had to say it once
And it also exists forever, so that if someone becomes interested in something, like how ach started playing sc2, or how seren started playing hearthstone a long time after most people they can read up on stuff they may not have read before because now they want to know

For example, if we had just chatted about clannad i still wouldve abandoned it at ep 10 but i wouldve just forgotten about it then
But since it was on the forum i remembered it and gave it another chance a year later

TLDR;
I wont be making new topics/posts about anime/games/shows/movies, the only posts i will make will be in response to someone else
Im considering the site to be abandoned until things change
If things dont change the site will continue to exist, just that i wont check it/maintain it and will just post on other sites
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 10:15 pm

I've been rather busy this month, so I haven't been able to post much. But I always check to see if anyone is on the chat or if any new posts have been made. What's this skype chat that everyone is on?
Back to top Go down
MrJoe223
Recruit
Recruit
MrJoe223

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:02 pm

I'm not really into anime and stuff like that, which is why I haven't been posting in these threads. Everybody's playing Hearthstone, which I have little to no interest in. The last couple days I've been playing CS and TF2, and watching TV.

If I see a thread that I'm interested in, I'll post.

I think the reason the forum seems to be stagnant is the almost total lack of people. In my course here, I've seen only like eight people post, and four people in-game.

What do you guys think about recruiting more people?
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 10:52 am

If you can go for it, I haven't played too much recently so I've been unable to
Back to top Go down
MrJoe223
Recruit
Recruit
MrJoe223

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:30 am

If it's ok with Pat or whoever's the de facto leader of the SC clan, I'll tell people who appear to be decent about TMMM.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 12:19 pm

MrJoe223 wrote:
I think the reason the forum seems to be stagnant is the almost total lack of people. In my course here, I've seen only like eight people post, and four people in-game.

The number of people hasnt changed in awhile, weve gained like 1 person in the past 3 years, for those past 3 years the forums havent been that busy with only those 6-8 people, but they werent dead like they were during august, there have been times where discussion stops for a bit, but its never been as bad as it was in august
I dont think the number of people caused the stop of posts during august

MrJoe223 wrote:
What do you guys think about recruiting more people?
If it's ok with Pat or whoever's the de facto leader of the SC clan, I'll tell people who appear to be decent about TMMM.
Bringing more people in is fine, we havent really been a clan for awhile so there hasnt been recruitment or clan activities like there used to be
Ach should be in charge of the sc2 clan stuff but other than you joe he hasnt brought anyone in and hasnt shown much interest in being the clan leader
Ill go on sc2 in a bit and make you an officer so you can recruit people if you want

My concern isnt so much that the forum/clan is dieing, we havent really been a clan for awhile, i consider us to be a group of friends so when people seem to stop posting (even in the chat) yet still come here it feels like a friendship slowly drifting apart as theres nothing left to talk about or nothing left in common or something like that
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 11:31 am

It just seems that whenever I open the forum there wasn't anyone on the chat
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 8:53 am

Most people only spend a few seconds here to check stuff and leave, so the chat always looks empty, sometimes someone will leave a tab with the site open and will basically be afk in the chat

The only time chat ever gets people is if 2 people end up checking at the same time, or if someone is making a post and someone else comes along while they are doing that
Once theres 2 people they might chat for a bit and more people check and end up joining the chat

Thats how it used to work anyway, recently its just been empty

Hlw's arena posts have made me understand, i dont know if that was his intention with that thread, but either way i get it now
I guess ill make topics/new posts again
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 1:17 am

sowwy ive been MIA. i havnt had non-school internet for a couple weeks among other woes. I'll be super active as soon as i can Smile

miss you all xoxo

Except for seren. Fuck seren.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 5:56 pm

You can't use the internet in your school?
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 1:00 am

i have web access there, i just dont do fun things if im at school.
"havnt had non-school internet" as in, havn't had internet other than my schools.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 7:19 pm

Well you can still come on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:40 am

SAYS THE GUY THATS ON HEAR TWICE A YEAR SOMETIMES
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

State of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of the forum   State of the forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

State of the forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: