Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_lcap26%Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_lcap35%Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_lcap19%Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_lcap0%Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_lcap0%Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_lcap10%Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_lcap10%Unbreakable Machine Doll I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Unbreakable Machine Doll

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Unbreakable Machine Doll Empty
PostSubject: Unbreakable Machine Doll   Unbreakable Machine Doll I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:28 pm

OP:

Plot Summary:
During the early 20th century, along with technological advancements, scientists were able to develop sophisticated magic. The combination of science and sorcery was Makinot, circuits made from spells that were put into objects to bring them to life and even gain a personality. It was developed as a military weapon and has now spread throughout the world.

Akabane Raishin is now attending the Royal Academy to become the best in the world. Accompanied by the lovely teenage girl Yaya, who is actually Raishin's puppet weapon, he plans on rocketing to the top of the class. However, his test scores come nearly dead last although his combat skills and determination are second to none. Raishin has to compete with the deadliest of classmates if he wants to come out as the king.
Taken from http://myanimelist.net/anime/17247/Machine-Doll_wa_Kizutsukanai

Thoughts:
This was significantly different from what i thought it was going to be, but it was my own fault
You see i only read the first half of that plot summary before watching it, so the ecchi and haremness came as a surprise to me
I thought about dropping the show but continued watching it because i still liked the premise of it

The show has a lot of running gags/catch phrases, they can get annoying, 1 got super annoying, but i did like 1 of them so it balanced out
The harem isnt the focus and the way the main character deals with it makes me not hate it so it gets a pass on that
The ecchi is facepalming bad at times, theres no redeeming feature of the ecchi, i was willing to give it a pass on 2 occasions near the start of the show since they both fit into my rule of "nudity/underwear shots are fine if it makes sense in context and isnt the focus of the scene" but it stopped fitting my rule after that so it has no excuse

As for the plot itself, they barely establish the world that they are in, theres supposed to be this big reveal at the end but since the world is barely established i was like "who is that and is it not supposed to work that way? cause i thought it could this whole time, why is this supposed to be a surprise"
Also the plot gets heavily side tracked from not only what is said in the plot summary, but also what they establish at the start of the series, so the whole season is basically a side plot to everything where nothing of the main plot gets accomplished

So everything ive said so far should make me hate this show right, yeah it should, but i dont, i dont like the first season, which is the only thing that exists currently,it has its moments but its only enough to stop me from hating it
If theres a 2nd season that focuses on the main plot i will watch it because i still like the premise and still think they can make something with it and am still willing to give it a chance because of those good moments

But as it stands now, with only this season, i cant recommend this show to anyone

Oh yeah and heres the ED:

Normally i dont post the ED but i think this more accurately represents the show than the OP does so ill put it here
Marwe Marwe Marwe Marwe Marwe will now be stuck in your head for the next hour or so, youre welcome
Back to top Go down

Unbreakable Machine Doll
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Movies, TV, and Anime :: Anime-
Jump to: