Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_lcap26%The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_lcap35%The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_lcap19%The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_lcap0%The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_lcap0%The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_lcap10%The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_lcap10%The Mangaka and his Assistants I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

The Mangaka and his Assistants

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

The Mangaka and his Assistants Empty
PostSubject: The Mangaka and his Assistants   The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:27 am

So i started this because i read somewhere that it was really funny and i was like "anime's rarely really funny but maybe it will be oreimo levels of funny and that'd be cool"
and, so far, it's definitely lived up
as proof of its funny-ness, the show features a combination of categories that i typically hate: harem, echi and seinen.
in reality, the show is really straight up comedy. the other genres just provide fuel and so they don't really annoy me like they usually do

i don't totally wanna post the OP bc it makes you think the show is the opposite of what i just said, but it's really not about the harem.
the echi parts, maybe...

i tried to find one with boarders but apparently living conditions have been improving

MU wrote:
A life description about the mangaka Aito Yuuki and his assistant Ashisu Sahoto. Aito doesn't understand the feelings of the characters in his stories so he asks Ashisu to help him. Ashisu would do anything for the work—she will even let him touch her breast so he will know how it feels like?! The Habit?! The Pervert?! Can we understand them? That's the comedy of a mangaka life.

each ep is only 12 minutes long and the show doesn't try to be more than it is. considering how little of a commitment it is, anyone who wants something funny should give this a try to see if it works for them at all
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: The Mangaka and his Assistants   The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:48 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
as proof of its funny-ness, the show features a combination of categories that i typically hate: harem, echi and seinen.
Seinen is just a target demographic not really a category in the same way that ecchi or harem is
Off the top of my head these are all seinen that you like: Code Geass, Oreimo, all of the .hack series, Cowboy Bebop, Elfen Lied, Monogatari, Mushishi, and Sword Art Online
In fact No Game No Life and Black Bullet are also seinen
Seinen anime just typically has harem or ecchi elements in them so it gets lumped together when it shouldnt since they dont all have that

And the target demographic means very little, Usagi Drop is joesi and is intended for women (its the female equivlant to seinen) yet you and many other men like it and if you thought of joesi like you did seinen you may have dismissed it
So you shouldnt use the target demographic as a way to tell if something will be good or not

Sorry i derailed the topic here a bit so lets get back on track

Im willing to ignore harem and ecchi if its a really funny comedy or if those things are just a small part of a really good plot

I watched the first 3 eps of this, the first ep was funny but then the joke got old for me and they didnt really do anything new in the other 2 eps and there isnt really a plot so i dont think i will continue watching it
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: The Mangaka and his Assistants   The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:12 am

off topic:
pat wrote:
I watched the first 3 eps of this, the first ep was funny but then the joke got old for me and they didnt really do anything new in the other 2 eps and there isnt really a plot so i dont think i will continue watching it
ah yeah, it basically is 1 joke. do you like physical humor (im thinking along the lines of the three stooges)?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: The Mangaka and his Assistants   The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:22 pm

off topic:

Serenity09 wrote:
ah yeah, it basically is 1 joke. do you like physical humor (im thinking along the lines of the three stooges)?
I can find it funny but its not really my thing, it depends on the context and how often its done
I like some of the three stooges stuff, but i dont like most of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mangaka and his Assistants   The Mangaka and his Assistants I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mangaka and his Assistants
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Movies, TV, and Anime :: Anime-
Jump to: