Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
BTOOOM! I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
BTOOOM! I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
BTOOOM! I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
BTOOOM! I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
BTOOOM! I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
BTOOOM! I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
BTOOOM! I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
BTOOOM! I_vote_lcap26%BTOOOM! I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
BTOOOM! I_vote_lcap35%BTOOOM! I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
BTOOOM! I_vote_lcap19%BTOOOM! I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
BTOOOM! I_vote_lcap0%BTOOOM! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
BTOOOM! I_vote_lcap0%BTOOOM! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
BTOOOM! I_vote_lcap10%BTOOOM! I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
BTOOOM! I_vote_lcap10%BTOOOM! I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

BTOOOM!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

BTOOOM! Empty
PostSubject: BTOOOM!   BTOOOM! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:08 am

OP:

Plot Summary:
In the blink of the mind's eye, Ryouta Sakamoto suddenly finds himself transported from playing the hit Btoom! video game to being stranded on a mysterious island, equipped with a day's worth of provisions, a bag of bombs, a strange crystal embedded in his left hand and a huge gaping hole in his memory. But it doesn't take long to figure out what's going on, especially after the first person Ryouta meets tries to kill him. Someone is attempting to recreate the ultra-violent Btoom! game in real life, and the island has been filled with an army of other unwilling players, each armed with one of the multiple variants of explosive weapons called BIM. Fortunately, Ryouta's an ace Btoom! player, but this insane version of the game has no reset switch or second lives, and there's only one way off the island: kill seven other people before they can kill you! Can Ryouta repurpose his game based skills fast enough to survive?

Taken from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/14345/Btooom!

Thoughts:
This show is incredibly flawed, but enjoyable, at least until the ending
The show doesnt have a proper ending and theres no way there will be a season 2 or a movie since its dvd/bluray sales went poorly
They were only like 3-5 episodes worth of content away from being able to have a conclusion too its so annoying
I like it but not enough to read the manga, like i said its incredibly flawed, the main problem is that everything is so convenient for the plot because the plot needs it to be, which usually makes me hate a show but here i still liked it because of the rules of the game and the mystery behind why they were there, and also i just like survival game type stories

The manga is actually still ongoing some how, the anime ends at chapter 50 and theres currently 66 chapters, so they made 16 chapters in 2 years, each episode was about 4 chapters so theres been like 4 episodes worth of stuff written in the manga in 2 years, that might be the slowest manga release ever
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

BTOOOM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTOOOM!   BTOOOM! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 9:37 pm

I lied, i read the manga, only because there were 16 chapters from the animes end, there are actually 70 total chapters (so 19 chapters from the animes end) its just that 3 of them arent translated yet

I was right about 5 more episodes being all the anime needed to end at a logical and semi-satisfying point, it wouldve felt like a real season finale and the dvd/bluray sales probably wouldve been much better

I guess they couldnt help it though since they wouldve had to wait until this year to make the anime, makes me wonder what these animation companies are thinking when they take manga that arent any where near finished and make an anime from it, it makes sense when they make their own story up once they catch up to the manga, like the original FMA did, but just leaving it unfinished is just weird, do they hope it will just work out or do they not care and are just making an anime to cash in on the popularity of the manga asap

Im not saying they shouldve made up their own story, that rarely ends well, but its like they gave no thought to it and just made a 12 episode anime without any real plan and picked a manga at random without thinking about how close it was to ending, maybe they were just trying to cash in but the animation and general quality of the show didnt feel like that

If you end up watching this anime, read chapters 51-66 of the manga after you see it, the end of chapter 66 puts the story at a good point to stop
If you dont want to read manga then dont watch this anime

I dont know if i will continue reading this manga, most of what i wanted to know has been answered, and i didnt really like chapter 67, ill probably check up on it again in 2 years or so
Back to top Go down

BTOOOM!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Movies, TV, and Anime :: Anime-
Jump to: