Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Psycho-pass I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Psycho-pass I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Psycho-pass I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Psycho-pass I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Psycho-pass I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Psycho-pass I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Psycho-pass I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Psycho-pass I_vote_lcap26%Psycho-pass I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Psycho-pass I_vote_lcap35%Psycho-pass I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Psycho-pass I_vote_lcap19%Psycho-pass I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Psycho-pass I_vote_lcap0%Psycho-pass I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Psycho-pass I_vote_lcap0%Psycho-pass I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Psycho-pass I_vote_lcap10%Psycho-pass I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Psycho-pass I_vote_lcap10%Psycho-pass I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Psycho-pass

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Psycho-pass Empty
PostSubject: Psycho-pass   Psycho-pass I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 7:41 pm

OP:

Plot Summary:
The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kougami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.

In the future, it is possible to quantitatively measure a person's emotions, desires, and every inclination. In this way, it is also possible to measure a person's criminal tendency factor, which is used to judge criminals.

This is the story of a team of policemen dedicated to maintaining public order. Some of them work in the Enforcement Division, responsible for the apprehension of criminals, while others belong to the Supervisory Division which oversees their colleagues in Enforcement.

Taken from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass

Thoughts:
This anime is incredibly good, its like if you mixed a bit of Dexter, a bit of Minority Report, a bit of Judge Dredd, and a bit of 1984 together this is what you would get
Im on episode 17 currently, so its too soon to say this is an amazing anime, but if it keeps going the way its been going it will be 1 of the best anime ive seen
Also that plot summary says "near future" when its not really "near", it has VR and AR with holograms
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Psycho-pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho-pass   Psycho-pass I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:01 pm

I planned to watch to episode 20 today, but then learned that the series only has 22 episodes (which is a really odd number to have) so i decided to just continue watching and finish it since there were only 2 left

Now that ive finished it i can say that it is amazing and i cant wait for season 2 in the fall
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Psycho-pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho-pass   Psycho-pass I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:14 pm

I think i watched 3-4 episodes of this a while back. I thought it had a lot of potential, but i felt the mini-plots had major holes that were ignored to add action. Also i'm not sure if i remember this right, but their guns were like the most ridiculous things iv ever seen. They take like 30 seconds to morph into like a hyper killing device that completely explodes the body of the target. Like, why not just use real guns and injure the victim so you can interrogate, conduct autopsy or search the body. FUCK THAT LETS BLOW THEM UP? Also taking 30 seconds to morph the gun seems KINDA IMPRACTICAL as the gun only morphs when there is danger.
But obviously the plot gets more develop, I imagine, later on.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Psycho-pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho-pass   Psycho-pass I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:38 pm

They dont actually take 30 seconds to switch modes, they just showed the transformation sequence of it the first couple of times, like how all anime that has something that transforms shows a transformation sequence the first couple of times, it switches instantly later on

Also it explodes the body because thats how this societies justice system works, they are basically sentenced to execution on the spot by the system, there is a paralyzer mode for people that arent sentenced to execution, there are no courts or lawyers in this world anymore
Although i will agree that exploding the body is a bit overkill for an execution, but im willing to believe that this type of society would do something like that

And the first 4 episodes are pretty confusing, i could see how you would think there are holes, but i dont think there are
It took me until episode 12 to realize that a persons psycho-pass hue and a persons crime coefficient were 2 different things, where the hue was just a rough estimate of overall mental health that didnt always accurately represent a persons crime coefficient, which made everything make a lot more sense to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Psycho-pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho-pass   Psycho-pass I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psycho-pass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Movies, TV, and Anime :: Anime-
Jump to: