Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Im making a map :D I_vote_lcap26%Im making a map :D I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Im making a map :D I_vote_lcap35%Im making a map :D I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Im making a map :D I_vote_lcap19%Im making a map :D I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Im making a map :D I_vote_lcap0%Im making a map :D I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Im making a map :D I_vote_lcap0%Im making a map :D I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Im making a map :D I_vote_lcap10%Im making a map :D I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Im making a map :D I_vote_lcap10%Im making a map :D I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Im making a map :D

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Im making a map :D Empty
PostSubject: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:05 pm

I know this seems stupid, but I'm not necessarily making a map expecting others to play it, i simply enjoy making maps, that being said.... Id like to play it with you guys at some point Very Happy. I haven't been able to test it because stupid slayer never wants to test it.
Its basically a hero survival. What i have done, is take elements I liked from other maps i have played and added them to this one. Here are some examples:
-Forming a line to spread out damage from waves
-Items with % chance of casting abilities
-Scripted Boss battles
-Dungeons
-Allowing heroes to have personal quests which will change their model and upgrade their stats individually
-Secret rooms
-Gambling
-Mazing
-Item classes
-Optional Quests
Thats all i have so far

OH and i found these fucking amazing models. Like they look like their higher quality than starcraft models.
Models:

Models:

Heres the link on EpicWar
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/238098/
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:34 pm

Very cool.
i definitely wanna play it at some point
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:12 pm

We could play it tonight, ill be on around 10:30, maybe earlier
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:25 pm

Kool!. Ill be on forums at 10:30 then.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Spoiler:

i really like the combination, bac
fast paced games benefit a lot from quirky elements like mazing or rpg elements like questing
if wc3 still have >50 users, this might actually have gotten popular. once i have a computer again (cmon this month) id be totally down to test.

if you need any help with a trigger, gimme a shout
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Hahhaha thanks seren. Burn the non believers ! I could definatly use some help!
Also sc2 universe is kinda boring so making maps in it is lame
I could probably get the game to be played fullhouse if i had a bot that hosted across servers.

I also found out that wc3 and WoW are like made on the same engine or something, so basically i can put any WoW model i want as long as my map size doesn't exceed 8MB, which is pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:17 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Hahhaha thanks seren. Burn the non believers ! I could definatly use some help!
Also sc2 universe is kinda boring so making maps in it is lame
I could probably get the game to be played fullhouse if i had a bot that hosted across servers.

I also found out that wc3 and WoW are like made on the same engine or something, so basically i can put any WoW model i want as long as my map size doesn't exceed 8MB, which is pretty awesome.
The sc2 universe isnt boring, and even if it was it shouldnt effect making a map since you can make any kind of map, it doesnt have to be set in the sc2 universe, especially since your adding in custom models
Also the models your using from WoW can be used in sc2 too, heres arthas in sc2:
Im making a map :D Arthas.png.-m1
Its not that wc3 and WoW use the same engine, its that someone exported the WoW models you're using into a format that wc3 can use

You can use any model in sc2 if you export it properly (in the case of WoW models it takes less than a min to export into a format that sc2 can use), and theres a 100mb limit instead of 8mb so you can do so much more if you really wanted to
Theres less restrictions on the models you can use in sc2, so they will look better then the wc3 versions of the same WoW model

If your wondering where that model in the pic is from: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/resources/art-assets/8347-wow-model-pack-requests/
Theres a bunch more there but they are all for sc2, and those are all already in a format that sc2 can use so you dont need to export any of them
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
i really like the combination, bac
fast paced games benefit a lot from quirky elements like mazing or rpg elements like questing
if wc3 still have >50 users, this might actually have gotten popular. once i have a computer again (cmon this month) id be totally down to test.

if you need any help with a trigger, gimme a shout
You're wasting your life responding here seren. Stick to talking about the sc2 editor.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 4:28 pm

Hahhaha, i might have to give up my map, coz im already at 6215 KB Sad . Maybe when i get a new comp ill try to make somehting on sc2 then Sad(((((
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:38 am

omg how many models did you import? you have 2mb left to go so as long as you either have enough models now or youre willing to be choosey than you'll be fine. 2mb should be enough for the actual map
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Its coz i wanted all the heroes to evolve and get their own awesome model Sad I still havent put 3 of the models in
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:59 pm

how many heroes? usually having a bunch of models isn't a problem unless you pick all realllllyyyy high quality and (more so) uncompressed models.

a really really good way to get around that is to use skins
skins take an already existing model (and often already existing textures) and then retexture it in a new way. some skins are very high quality
Directors Cut skins at the hive
my favorite
most of those are 100kb, the one i linked specifically to is 250kb. either way though, that's probably significantly less than what your models are taking up -- swapping out 1 already existing model could almost definitely fit 4 new skins in

perhaps a better choice is to figure out who makes really good models that aren't huge in file size. one guy i really like is Mc! all of his later models and skins are tiny and really good quality. especially his skin for the blood mage
mc's models
mc's skins

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im making a map :D   Im making a map :D I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im making a map :D
Page 1 of 1