Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_lcap26%Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_lcap35%Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_lcap19%Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_lcap0%Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_lcap0%Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_lcap10%Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_lcap10%Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Empty
PostSubject: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons   Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:58 am

This game is amazing

Its a single player co-op game, you control 2 brothers, and have to platform and solve puzzles using both of them at the same time
The brothers have different abilities, like the older brother is stronger so he can do some stuff involving strength that the younger brother cant, and the younger brother is smaller so he can fit into places where the older brother cant

The controls take a bit of getting used to, and i had to use a controller to play it because the keyboard was really awkward to me since it was impossible to mirror the controls without having the interaction key for each brother being on the opposite side or using a different finger for it, a controller is much better for this game
Even after i was used to it i had to make sure to keep the brothers on the side of the screen that my hands controlled, so the older brother who you use the left stick/left trigger had to be on the left side of the screen and the younger brother had to be on the right side, if they got switched around it felt like my controls were reversed and was really disorienting
I dont think this wouldve been as bad if i used a controller more often as i almost never do since i would be more used to it so this isnt a complaint with the game
Most of the time the game will put the brothers on the correct side of the screen so it was never really a problem and never caused me to fail

The best part of the game is the story
Its told through body language and context rather then through dialog
Well, its more like the dialog in the game is in a made up language that is consistent enough to start understanding/interpreting pretty quickly by using body language and context
Because of that i think the story is a lot more powerful then if it was told in a standard way

It was so powerful that it actually made me cry, twice
I dont cry at any form of media, sometimes ill tear up, 1 or 2 tears might escape, but never at a game, and never like this, this was to the point where i would consider it to be crying (1 or 2 tears isnt crying)
The first time was pretty obvious, i suspected it before it happened, but it was done in such a powerful way that it still made me cry
The second time was such a simple thing but was so powerful to me, i didnt see it coming at all

The game is about 3 hours long, i played it in 1 sitting, if you play it (and you should) finishing it in 1 sitting is the best way to experience it
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons   Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:37 pm

What is this a free game? Can i play it on PC?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons   Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 3:12 am

Its not free, its $15, its an indie game and yes you can play it on PC
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons   Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Yes to everything Pat said. It was an incredible game. I got it during the last steam sale and just played it last night.

This game is an experience.

It's a puzzle platformer but the puzzles aren't to hard. They're quite simple actually. I feel this simplicity comes from the creators not wanting to story to stagnate based on the the gamers affinity with puzzle games.

It'll take around 3 hours to beat on your first playthrough, thats including exploring.

The world that was built in the game is quaint, yet epic simultaneously. This game needs to be played in one sitting. Just find an evening in which you have nothing planned and just play it.

O and you need to play it with a controller. I used to xbox pc controller. The controls take getting used to in the beginning, but after a while you can get adjusted.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons   Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 9:59 pm

I did it on keyboard (Achievement Unlocked)

The game was really good and touching. The environment was beast. I wish there was more!
The fact that you guys told me it was touching allowed me to guess the end though, but it was still pretty powerful. 10/10 would play again Razz

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons   Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Glad you guys enjoyed it, only took like a year for you to play it lol, i look forward to next year when youve played the walking dead and/or the talos principle

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Spoiler:

Thats what i was referring to when i said:
Pat wrote:
The second time was such a simple thing but was so powerful to me, i didnt see it coming at all

And when i said this:
Pat wrote:
The first time was pretty obvious, i suspected it before it happened, but it was done in such a powerful way that it still made me cry
I was referring to
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons   Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: Other Games-
Jump to: