Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_lcap26%Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_lcap35%Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_lcap19%Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_lcap0%Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_lcap0%Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_lcap10%Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_lcap10%Summer Movies of 2013 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Summer Movies of 2013

Go down 
+2
Pat1487
Eat_bacon_daily
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Summer Movies of 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Excited for a few summer movies, but i need some suggestions, if you could post some movies you watched that where worth watching. I need to know the good ones, because i like to go out onece in a while to watch movies with friends.
I heard Star Trek was good and i'm hopping superman will be good, but Zack Snyder is always hit or miss
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 am

Star Trek Into Darkness was ok

I dont really like the reboot of star trek though so im biased
Im not like a huge fan of star trek or anything but my favorite star trek series was the next generation and the reboot completely wipes everything that happened in the next generation, it doesnt completely wipe the original series since leonard nimoy is still there as spock from the original universe but everything after that is wiped
I hate when things are wiped like that, unless i hate them (like deep space nine, glad that was wiped)

Also, all of enterprise is still cannon since all those events happened before the events of the first movie of the reboot and while i liked the characters from that series i didnt like the story at all, ive been told later seasons are better but i didnt watch past season 2
I would be fine with it if they only wiped deep space nine and enterprise but left the next generation and voyager in there somehow

But putting my issues with the reboot aside, my main problem with into darkness was the last 3rd where it becomes
Spoiler:
The first 2/3rds were good, the opening bit was really good
But that last 3rd just
Spoiler:

So overall i would say its not bad
If i didnt see any star trek before the new movies i would say its good

Ill post about other movies later
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:57 am

I have yet to watch Iron Man 3, I'm going to do that some time this week, hopefully.

I have watched both Star Trek and Now you see me.

Star Trek: Into Darkness

Star Trek was great, I haven't watched of the series or the old movies so I really enjoyed both the First one and this one. Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock from the BBC Sherlock; if you haven't watched that please do, it's awesome) was stellar as Khan. All the returning cast were also great. I don't recall any issues with the script or plot, I'm kinda tired so I don't wanna write too much but it was a great movie and I really enjoyed it.

umm prob an 8.5/10

Now You See Me

I thought this movie was fun to watch. The ending was rushed and the writing was pretty crappy but the acting was solid and directing was ok. I excepted better but it was really fun to watch.

6/10
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:54 pm

i was pretty eh about star trek as well. not for the same reasons as pat, i dont mind the whole wipe thing when i'm ok w the reason for it (ie the parallel universe thing).
i thought that the movie itself was just full of eh moments. khan himself was great but besides that it had nothing that made the first movie so good. the thing w scotty was especially eh

i saw iron man 3 and for some reason i really enjoyed it. but i probably shouldn't have enjoyed it. the way it was written and filmed was very unusual for a mainstream movie. its formula was something like: dark plot that is very serious mixed with blatant gag jokes in this super weird back and forth. id recommend seeing it if you like iron man, but there isn't a super big reason to need to see it in theaters
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Saw Man of Steel
This movie is 700% action from start to finish. The back story is very lightly developed and spread throughout the movie with a series of flashbacks. They rely a lot on the fact that everyone basically knows who superman is.
Pros:
entertaining
Massive action
Very few slow parts
Russell Crowe
A few laughs
I Liked the bad guy

Cons:
We barely get back story on anyone
The movie goes really fast through everything
Superman is invulnerable so all action scenes involving him are pretty dull
You just hate the Lois character
Potatoe
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:58 pm

saw This is the End
i thought it was the funniest thing ever
Spoiler:

that said, im no longer allowed to pick which movie we see when my girlfriend and i go to the movies
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Everything you just said, This is the End was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Iron Man 3
This was way better then Iron Man 2
Spoiler:
Overall its a good movie, i enjoyed it, but if you're a fan of the iron man comics you will probably hate it

The Hangover 3
Not nearly as funny as the other movies, but at least it wasnt just a rehash of the 1st like the 2nd movie was
Spoiler:

Overall it was forgettable
The best part was the scene after the credits, its almost worth watching the entire movie just for that 1 scene

Havent seen This is the End, or Man of Steel yet, will probably see this is the end this weekend
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 6:29 pm

I finally got around to watching some movies.

Iron Man 9/10
Spoiler:

Super Steel Man 7.5/10
Spoiler:

World War Z 7.5/10
Spoiler:

R.I.P.D. 8/10

Spoiler:

Almost forgot
Dark Startreck Into Parelelelleles something something 9/10
Spoiler:
Speaking of star trek though (and this has nothign specifically to do with the recent movies) why is it that its only in 'the next generation' that they figured out they dont have to 'walk' to the transporter room? i mean, its understandable that transporting without materializing in the transporter would require more advancement. But you can still extremely easilly transport from point A to the transporter, then immediately transport to Point B. this has bothered me since i started watching star trek. no matter what the emergency is, they always walk or run to the transporter.
Like spocks mother in the 2009 movie. if Spock hadn't waisted time running to the transporter than she would have had several more moments to transport away from that falling cliff during transport, which should have been more than enough. See how silly walking to a teleportation device is during a crisis? seconds save lives.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 1:40 pm

Watched the hobbit 2!
I really didnt like the first hobbit
This one was wayy better in my opinion although it had so many scenes that should have been cut in half. Like theres tons of tension or action, then it just lasts too long and i lose interest.
8/10
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 4:42 am

Just watched
Sasha Gray Goes Back to College

Pretty decent 9/10
Lots of action, not a whole lot of talking but it was an overall good watch, would watch again.
Def recommend it if you're bored at home and have nothing to do. Def not a movie you can watch with the parents, I don't want to spoil it for you but there are some pretty (R) rated parts.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 2:40 pm

I just watched Riddick: 8/10
I really liked Pitch Black, which is one of my fave movies of all time
and i even enjoyed Chronicles of riddick, even though its not considered a good movie by ''most people'' and it definitely doesn't make my 'fave movies' list
It was definitely better than chronicles. And it was trying pretty hard to be like Pitch Black, which i think degraded its overall quality cus it had trouble making its self its own movie.
So 8/10, but thats mainly just because i enjoyed watching it. And a lot of movies that come just fail to be compelling and therefore enjoyable, and the only reason this movie didn't suffer from this is probably because i really like Riddick as a character/concept/series. So the movies can really do whatever they want and i wont care cus my imagination will have background noise to work with.

If one didn't like pitch black / the character riddick, i'd expect them to give it 6/10 or something.
You should watch pitch black if you havn't though. Great movie. 10/10.
----
Also, too many of the motifs they used in Riddick 2013 felt forced or stupid to me, but i didn't end up talking about that just cus it would'a required me to talk a lot about the details of the movie which i didn't feel like doing.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:32 pm

So, the second hobbit just found its way to the internet.
I was looking forward to this movie above a lot of others cus unlike bacon i actually really enjoyed the first one and re watched it a couple times. Its not a 10/10 amazing movie, but i thought the first one was really good.
I couldn't enjoy the second one much at all though.
Spoiler:

I also watched Elysium, which was about as good as this most recent hobbit.
(the underlying idea and story of the movie are really good. but its execution made me not enjoy it much. kinda like the hobbit  : P)
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:22 am

The hobbit:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Movies of 2013   Summer Movies of 2013 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Movies of 2013
Page 1 of 1