Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Building a computer - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Building a computer

Go down 
+3
hlw_rocer
Pat1487
marksoccer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

Building a computer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a computer   Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Honestly, it is.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Building a computer   Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

PostSubject: Re: Building a computer   Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Upgrade to this comp :]
http://www.mycpu.eu/

Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Building a computer   Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:06 am

The_Chosen_Oreo wrote:
Upgrade to this comp :]
http://www.mycpu.eu/

I need this explained in English. He created his own CPU which means what exactly?
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

PostSubject: Re: Building a computer   Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 1:20 pm

bacon has a pentium 4 cpu but that guy built his own from scratch
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Building a computer   Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 2:24 pm

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
I need this explained in English. He created his own CPU which means what exactly?
Basically that guy created a cpu from scratch thats about the same as a cpu from the early 80s

I think its more of a proof of concept/hobby than anything else, that building a cpu at home is possible (the whole thing is open source so you can get the schematics to build it yourself if you wanted to)
In theory you could make it faster, but it would be huge and would catch fire easily

And it could have it uses, like you could hook it up to a homemade robotic arm and program the cpu to have the arm make you toast at a certain time or something
Or just build some sort of automated toaster with it, or a sandwich maker, or w/e you want it to physically make or do (for some reason the first thing i thought of was making toast)

It would be cheaper than buying the stuff you would need to build the same thing
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Building a computer   Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
It would be cheaper than buying the stuff you would need to build the same thing

But is it cost effective. To me it seems like that took a whole lot of time.
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

PostSubject: Re: Building a computer   Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Designing your own circuit board and using a FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) might be..
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Building a computer   Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Yeah it would take a lot of time, but its what you would spend your free time on, instead of say TV or video games
Its not like he made a cpu because he was trying to save money, he was just bored and making a cpu was fun to him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a computer   Building a computer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a computer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2