Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_lcap26%How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_lcap35%How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_lcap19%How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_lcap0%How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_lcap0%How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_lcap10%How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_lcap10%How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? Empty
PostSubject: How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ?   How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 1:13 pm

I wondered over, how do you even protect your map so NONE can open your map, and how you then can open a protected map, i wanna know how, so i made this topic Smile

pls answar

!!!REMIMDER!!!

I will not use this for hacks, or for my own greadyness.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ?   How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 5:25 pm

There is no way to make your map 100% unopenable by everyone, if wc3 can play it then it can be opened to be edited with the right stuff
To protect your map from most people you can use this http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=79326 i dont know if it still works but it should

Make sure everything is checked in that program when you save the map, also make sure you save the map with a different name so you cant confuse it with or overwrite the original map
I liked to put prot- in the name
That program will also decrease the size of your map so you can make the map larger then the max wc3 can play as long as it becomes less then that max after you use that program

Im not going to tell you how to deprotect a map, just dont lose your original and youll never need to deprot
Even if you did deprot your original it would all be in jass and would be unreadable to you, especially if you used the GUI to make all the triggers because GUI triggers in jass turn out using variables that wont make sense, even to people that know jass
Back to top Go down
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ?   How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:43 pm

ok ty pat Smile
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ?   How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:59 am

why even protect a map these days. What a person going to do with a stolen map.....
Back to top Go down
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ?   How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:26 am

i dont know, change the path, the name, the units and the runners = new map :p
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ?   How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:57 am

i think bacon was getting at something different haha

and pat, are triggers hand written in jass re-written into more blizzardy jass after deprotecting?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ?   How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 am

Most hand written jass is left as is, its all put into 1 big trigger though so theres no organization to any of it

Certain functions are changed, i cant remember which but i know the ones from blizzard.j are
Those are still readable by someone experienced in jass though

Its the variables that the editor makes that get changed into unreadable nonsense
Like if you create a unit group without manually declaring a variable for it that group is a variable created by the editor in the jass but you wont know what its referring to because its not in the location where the unit group is made and its name wont be helpful at all

But it is a lot easier to read hand written jass from a deprot map then it is to read GUI converted jass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ?   How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do i Protect a map, and open a protected map ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Warcraft 3 :: WC3 Tutorials and Help-
Jump to: