Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_lcap26%Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_lcap35%Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_lcap19%Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_lcap0%Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_lcap0%Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_lcap10%Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_lcap10%Help me with Immolation pls I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Help me with Immolation pls

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

Help me with Immolation pls Empty
PostSubject: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 8:19 am

Yeah...i need help to make a Immolation, that i can give my footmen in my maze so they can kill the Dh's but when i do the Dh's cant die, if they are facing 270 degrees, but when the die there comes a annoying green fire.

pls help Smile
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:37 am

Dont use immolation as the way to kill units, it sucks
Just use the normal way, i cant remember why immolation was used, but the normal way works even if you use locust, as long as you do everything right
Back to top Go down
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 pm

ohh lol. i thougt the normal way was bad to use, but ok thanks pat
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Immolation is a lot less accurate then the normal way, and you can pass through units at certain angles and avoid the immolation damage

If you use units that have a large difference in size then using immolation might be easier since the event trigger for the normal way is usually "when DH gets within X distance of Player 12 units" and if your using units that have different sizes than you can see how that event would suck
But even then you could just change the event of the normal way to work better then immolation with a little extra work
Back to top Go down
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:54 pm

but i do not create my dh's with a trigger, but i thought it is like this "When DH gets within X distance of player 1"

"Trigger unit of trigger unit Egual to Player 12"

"Unit Kill (Trigger unit)"
Back to top Go down
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:28 am

ohh i meant "Unit-Type of trigger unit Egual to Player 12"
Back to top Go down
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 am

but it didn't work
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:54 am

look here
https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t750-help-me-with-locust
you'll need to know how to do jass function calls to use this. its really easy once you know how

this will effectively make units locusted while allowing them to be referenced in triggers
not being referenceable is the usual problem with locusting units by adding the locust ability via the object editor

ie
you have a trigger that says when a unit gets with 40 of a certain demon hunter, kill the demon hunter
next you decide to add locust to the demon hunter (or enemy patrol) in the object editor
but now the game will ignore the demon hunter as far as collision goes

you get around this by doing what pat says in the above guide
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:15 am

Oh yeah, thats why immolation was used, to solve that problem

I didnt remember because i never thought of immolation as a solution to that problem
I remember having to use immolation and dummy units as the problem that i was trying to solve when i ended up making that locust trigger lol

But yeah, use the altered trigger of it that seren made in that thread if you want it to be as efficient as possible
You have to use jass for it

BonoMania wrote:
but i do not create my dh's with a trigger, but i thought it is like this "When DH gets within X distance of player 1"

"Trigger unit of trigger unit Egual to Player 12"

"Unit Kill (Trigger unit)"
This trigger doesnt work because player 12 is never the owner of the triggering unit
Unless player 12 is the one controlling the DH and player 1 is controlling the patrols

Although that gives me the idea for a maze war type of game where its like maze builder, everyone builds there own maze but computers try to go through it, but the computer that goes through it is sent by 1 of the other players (line tower wars style) and you can only make certain things for your maze with the amount of gold you currently have, killing the computers that go through give you gold, and sending mazers to go through other players mazes would increase your income (also tower wars style)
Also players can go through other players mazes and gain a lot of bonus gold if they successfully complete it, and if they lose the person that made that maze gets the bonus
Any time a unit successfully completes the maze the player that made that maze loses a life, and everyone starts with 30 lives, you can gain lives by completing other players mazes
When you hit 0 lives you lose
The units that are computer controlled and sent by players can get stronger by making them faster (like with auras, wind walk, other skills that mazes give you like that shield from murloc, or the ability to skate at will in shroom world) and at the top tier units would just be able to cheat by stuff like occasionally walking through units when they shouldve died or being able to walk off the path, including those other skills

You would have to trigger in something that makes sure the maze iisnt impossible, like how that maze survival game works by checking that theres always an open space for the units to get to the end, except it would have to be more complex then that to make sure players dont just make a tiny path with stationary units blocking the way
Also you would have to give AI to the computer controlled units going through the maze so it doesnt just run into stuff or run off the path
If anyone wants to do all that work feel free to steal that idea
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Quote :
Although that gives me the idea for a maze war type of game where its like maze builder, everyone builds there own maze but computers try to go through it, but the computer that goes through it is sent by 1 of the other players (line tower wars style) and you can only make certain things for your maze with the amount of gold you currently have, killing the computers that go through give you gold, and sending mazers to go through other players mazes would increase your income (also tower wars style)
Also players can go through other players mazes and gain a lot of bonus gold if they successfully complete it, and if they lose the person that made that maze gets the bonus
Any time a unit successfully completes the maze the player that made that maze loses a life, and everyone starts with 30 lives, you can gain lives by completing other players mazes
When you hit 0 lives you lose
The units that are computer controlled and sent by players can get stronger by making them faster (like with auras, wind walk, other skills that mazes give you like that shield from murloc, or the ability to skate at will in shroom world) and at the top tier units would just be able to cheat by stuff like occasionally walking through units when they shouldve died or being able to walk off the path, including those other skills

You would have to trigger in something that makes sure the maze iisnt impossible, like how that maze survival game works by checking that theres always an open space for the units to get to the end, except it would have to be more complex then that to make sure players dont just make a tiny path with stationary units blocking the way
Also you would have to give AI to the computer controlled units going through the maze so it doesnt just run into stuff or run off the path
If anyone wants to do all that work feel free to steal that idea
this sounds so cool. blatantly disregarding the last part, would you work on the AI with me?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:27 pm

double post since no one would everrr look here again:

i've actually been thinking about this
and ive thought about it enough to decide that without a doubt i will not write an ai that does what pat described.
but let me know how this sounds as a premise to a game

3ice style maze creator mashed up with maze builder like how pat described
everyone has x minutes to build a maze. for a maze to be valid they have to beat it twice in a row.
after x minutes, ready or not, everyone goes through eachother's mazes (or maybe each person is randomly assigned to someone else's?) and points / penalties are awarded from this

ps: this is my 999th post Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Hmm.. now if I could program something that actually works, I'd work on that..

But a cool idea anyways
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me with Immolation pls   Help me with Immolation pls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me with Immolation pls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Warcraft 3 :: WC3 Tutorials and Help-
Jump to: