Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_lcap26%I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_lcap35%I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_lcap19%I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_lcap0%I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_lcap0%I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_lcap10%I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_lcap10%I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor Empty
PostSubject: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:48 pm

I need help as you can see on the name xD

But when i try to make a checkpoint, all the Demon hunters dies but they dont get revived again Sad

I did try to make some changes but then only i die'd but i got revived, i tried to mix them and then nothing happend ?

please help me Smile cat

yeah i got it, if i remove the "wait time 2 sec" they get revived but if i dont they dont get revived Sad why ?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:24 am

I remember having a similar problem to this
I think it has to do with where you put the Wait action if you have certain other actions after it
Back to top Go down
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Okay pat, i found my old maze and i have alot of functions in it, it does have all that i do need Smile

but pat, how do i do a sticky tutorial Very Happy ?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:33 am

it has to do with threading and concurrency issues

so imagine you have a trigger A which looks something like

Stuff happens
wait 5 seconds
More Stuff Happens

now trigger A gets called and all the stuff before the wait happens, then the trigger stops evaluating for 5 seconds then it finishes
imagine if during that wait period trigger A is called again. everything that it didnt reach due to the wait is completely skipped and the trigger starts over again

moral of the story, if youre going to use the wait call have it in its own function

ie
Trigger A:
do stuff
call TriggerB()
do more stuff

Trigger B:
wait 5 seconds
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:33 am

Oh yeah, i remember now, it was when it was called multiple times, i fixed it by making sure it wasnt called multiple times before the wait was up

I cant remember if i tried having the wait be in a separate function or not but it sounds familiar
Back to top Go down
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:00 am

yeah ofc, i totally know what your talking about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:21 pm

I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor 32768746
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:59 am

So umm, who is this guy? He at least knows more then me
Back to top Go down
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:47 am

i guess its me : Whistle
Back to top Go down
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:49 am

LOL, i made a Checkpoint myself and it didn't work AT ALL.

i changed the order of the triggers, and it worked ????
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Quote :
So umm, who is this guy? He at least knows more then me

perhaps the saddest statement ever to appear on the forums
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 4:33 pm

naw I've seen worse
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:51 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
perhaps the saddest statement ever to appear on the forums
Marksoccer wrote:
naw I've seen worse

Yeah, dont forget to cite your sources though mark
Here, let me get that for you: Source
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor   I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Need help to making a checkpoint in world editor
Page 1 of 1