Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Guild Wars 2 I_vote_lcap26%Guild Wars 2 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Guild Wars 2 I_vote_lcap35%Guild Wars 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Guild Wars 2 I_vote_lcap19%Guild Wars 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Guild Wars 2 I_vote_lcap0%Guild Wars 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Guild Wars 2 I_vote_lcap0%Guild Wars 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Guild Wars 2 I_vote_lcap10%Guild Wars 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Guild Wars 2 I_vote_lcap10%Guild Wars 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Guild Wars 2

Go down 
+2
Eat_bacon_daily
Kallock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:19 pm

idk how pat hasnt posted a huge thread about this game alrdy, you are slackin pat. but any1 got gw2? i think the game is pretty good so far, lots to do and lots of places to explore. the graphics are pretty good for those certain ppl that only play games cuz of graphics (AMAZING). i especially like how they did the water where you get into the water and it splashes on your screen like a 3D thing.

i dont know too much about the game beause im only like level 12 right now and the max level is 80, but gw2 kinda reminds me of original WoW with a bunch of cool additions and customization and without the gay monthly fee and taking super long to level. im actually satisfied with the game so far and that doesnt happen too much for the games i play.

but anyway i think the game is fun so far, if anyone gets it im on a server called Fort Aspenwood and my ID thing is ffslayer.8296

sry no screenshots of gameplay like pat does
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 11:21 pm

This post is pathetic slayer, weres my pat-post that lasts like 10 pages. I was actually able to finish reading the entire thing man. For shame
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I was actually able to finish reading the entire thing man
LOL

but ya b-man i dun think your comp would be able to handle gw2 you need a new comp man, get rid of that calculator you play on
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:30 pm

I wan't to check it out, but I don't really know anything about it. I'm sure I'll end up getting it sometime, but I'm not sure if I should yet, with MoP coming out (sure the new patch isn't that great, but it is WoW, one of the best games ever created).
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Kallock wrote:
the graphics are pretty good for those certain ppl that only play games cuz of graphics (AMAZING).

Dude, I played minecraft for a solid 4-5 months
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:31 am

Kallock wrote:
idk how pat hasnt posted a huge thread about this game alrdy, you are slackin pat.
I was going to but realized the game was coming out while i was going to be away
Also i figured i wouldnt have time to play mmorpgs anymore by that time
If i did play it would probably take me like a year to get to 80 with how little i would be able to play

Kallock wrote:
but any1 got gw2? i think the game is pretty good so far, lots to do and lots of places to explore. the graphics are pretty good for those certain ppl that only play games cuz of graphics (AMAZING). i especially like how they did the water where you get into the water and it splashes on your screen like a 3D thing.

i dont know too much about the game beause im only like level 12 right now and the max level is 80, but gw2 kinda reminds me of original WoW with a bunch of cool additions and customization and without the gay monthly fee and taking super long to level. im actually satisfied with the game so far and that doesnt happen too much for the games i play.

but anyway i think the game is fun so far, if anyone gets it im on a server called Fort Aspenwood and my ID thing is ffslayer.8296
I havent played GW2 myself, i have seen videos of it though and it does look pretty good

And GW2 is nothing like original WoW, if anything its like DAoC combined with Warhammer Online
The quest system in GW2 is a vastly improved version of the public quests from warhammer online
The world v world in GW2 is a vastly improved version of the realm v realm from DAoC (GW2 even has the power stones/gem things that grant buffs to the controller)

I dont think ive ever posted about DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) but that was my favorite mmorpg of all time
Warhammer Online attempted to do alot of the same things DAoC did, but wasn't as good as DAoC, it still wasnt bad though
GW2 took the good from both of those and put them together, if it had come out last year or even 6 months ago i probably wouldve played it a ton

Kallock wrote:
sry no screenshots of gameplay like pat does
I put screenshots in because otherwise the post i make would just be a wall of text that no one would even want to start reading
Sometimes i take screen shots from a google image search and use those to save time, unless im trying to show something specific

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
This post is pathetic slayer, weres my pat-post that lasts like 10 pages. I was actually able to finish reading the entire thing man. For shame
Rofl, i love the "For shame" part the most

mazemasta77 wrote:
I wan't to check it out, but I don't really know anything about it. I'm sure I'll end up getting it sometime, but I'm not sure if I should yet, with MoP coming out (sure the new patch isn't that great, but it is WoW, one of the best games ever created).

WoW is not one of the greatest game ever created
I thought the game was descent when it came out, before any of the expansions
My expectations were pretty high at the time, i had been playing DAoC before and up to that so that was what i was comparing it to
It simplified a lot of the stuff previous mmorpg's had, and not in a bad way

Spoiler:

The way WoW made a needlessly complex system, seen in other mmos as described in that spoiler, easier to use was why it was so popular, it was inferior in every other way to most other mmos of the time back when it came out
Most people that played WoW then didnt realize how inferior the game really was because WoW was the only mmo they had played and trying to play DAoC, UO, or even everquest was too hard since the UI and certain systems were difficult to use
Other companies saw WoW's popularity and tried to do something similar with their games after WoW and it kind of ruined mmo's for years because WoW did the simplified system the best and no one wanted to try anything different, and those that did try something different just couldnt compete with how far ahead WoW got with its ease of use and ended up failing

We are just now starting to recover from it with games like GW2, which is easy to use but has some of that old style of gameplay that was fun and interesting
Ive seen some of the quests from GW2 and they seem memorable, some are even similar to that angry spirits quest i was talking about in that spoiler, just made to be multiple choice instead of having to type

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Dude, I played minecraft for a solid 4-5 months
Minecraft's graphics arent that bad, the game is supposed to be blocky
And with 512x512 texture packs/shader mods you can make it look pretty good
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:32 am

Pat, that was my opinion. You don't need to try and turn it into a fact. I am loving GW2, but it will never compare to WoW at its best.....IMO.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 1:57 pm

You said:
mazemasta77 wrote:
but it is WoW, one of the best games ever created
Stating that WoW was/is one of the best games ever created as a fact
Which is why i responded saying that it wasn't
If you had said "but it is WoW, one of my favorite games ever created" i probably wouldnt have said anything about it

Also what makes you think WoW (at its best) is better than GW2?
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
Also what makes you think WoW (at its best) is better than GW2?
Its a trap!!

-------------
Slightly more on point though, i wanna throw my 3 cents in on WoW.

I never bought the game, i just plaid the 10 day trile so I'll admit I dont have a highly educated viewpoint.
However, i did play it twice, and both times i got up to about level 20 (i think).

Both times, my feeling was the same: It had a very nice world, good enough graphics, and good pretty much everything: it was a fun game.
However, at the end of level 20 i felt absolutely no real drive to do anything else in the game (a month went past, i played it again to level 20, and after that never thought about it again

My personal issue with it was, and i dont understand why more people don't mention this, is i felt there was no real skill or stratagy that went into it. How "good" or "highly leveled" or how many items you had was directly linked to how much time you spent faaaaaaarr more than anything else.
I dont understand how a game is fun when the bulk of time spent playing isn't spent on any activities like: reflex development, micro-strategy, or puzzle solving.
Yes, i'm sure you can give me plenty of examples of WoW encorporating these things in parts of the game, but there is no way that if i didn't experience them in any meaningful way in 20 out of 60 levels (+expansion xx levels) that they suddenly become the focus of the game.

In other words, i felt that the game was purely about gaining knowledge and evolving in an artificial world, but without even close to enough of a focus on any of the things that make evolving in a world interesting: i.e. puzzles, reflex development, etc.
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:04 pm

What..... I'm sorry Pat, I don't want to sound like a dick, but have you taken a basic English class? At least 50% of the time someone says their opinion, it will sound the way I said it. I don't really know why I like WoW so much better, I just enjoy playing it more. However, if I really wanted to, I could probably come up with a list. But let me just say that WoW is much better at making you reach the maximum level of a certain area.
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:52 pm

WHERES OUR "GW2 Name" FOR OUR PROFILE PAT!? I NEED TO ADD IT TO MY LIST
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 10:38 pm

AND LOL TAG? actually i have a suggestion, have like a tab that shows everyones names on everygame
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:03 am

mazemasta77 wrote:
What..... I'm sorry Pat, I don't want to sound like a dick, but have you taken a basic English class? At least 50% of the time someone says their opinion, it will sound the way I said it.
I dont see how what i said doesnt make sense, i just re-read it and it still makes sense
Basically it said that your statement about WoW, as being 1 of the greatest games ever, was put forth as a fact because of the way you phrased it

mazemasta77 wrote:
I don't really know why I like WoW so much better, I just enjoy playing it more. However, if I really wanted to, I could probably come up with a list.
A list would be good, i really cant see what WoW has that is better than GW2

mazemasta77 wrote:
But let me just say that WoW is much better at making you reach the maximum level of a certain area.
That really isnt a good thing though
You have to spend more time in the same area with WoW, which can get boring

Kallock wrote:
WHERES OUR "GW2 Name" FOR OUR PROFILE PAT!? I NEED TO ADD IT TO MY LIST

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
AND LOL TAG? actually i have a suggestion, have like a tab that shows everyones names on everygame

Where would that tab be though
Right now they are just in the profile section when you click someones name, i guess i could move those to the top of that page
I dont really want to add that many games because it will get too long if they display in every post

Achilles.42 wrote:
Slightly more on point though, i wanna throw my 3 cents in on WoW.

I never bought the game, i just plaid the 10 day trile so I'll admit I dont have a highly educated viewpoint.
However, i did play it twice, and both times i got up to about level 20 (i think).

Both times, my feeling was the same: It had a very nice world, good enough graphics, and good pretty much everything: it was a fun game.
However, at the end of level 20 i felt absolutely no real drive to do anything else in the game (a month went past, i played it again to level 20, and after that never thought about it again

My personal issue with it was, and i dont understand why more people don't mention this, is i felt there was no real skill or stratagy that went into it. How "good" or "highly leveled" or how many items you had was directly linked to how much time you spent faaaaaaarr more than anything else.
I dont understand how a game is fun when the bulk of time spent playing isn't spent on any activities like: reflex development, micro-strategy, or puzzle solving.
Yes, i'm sure you can give me plenty of examples of WoW encorporating these things in parts of the game, but there is no way that if i didn't experience them in any meaningful way in 20 out of 60 levels (+expansion xx levels) that they suddenly become the focus of the game.

In other words, i felt that the game was purely about gaining knowledge and evolving in an artificial world, but without even close to enough of a focus on any of the things that make evolving in a world interesting: i.e. puzzles, reflex development, etc.

Thats pretty much how all MMOs have been though, even the good ones

Very few have puzzles, UO had the most ive seen, DAoC had a few with some of the quests, WoW had none and i dont think any since WoW has had them (probably because WoW didnt have them and like i was saying in my last post MMOs wanted to copy WoW for awhile), more recent MMOs have had them though, like The Secret World and GW2, since like i said in that other post MMOs are just now recovering from what WoW did

Even fewer MMOs require reflexes, and most of those are newer like GW2
I think the only one before WoW that required reflexes was Planetside 1, because back then a game with that many people caused a lot of delay in your actions so making a game based around having to react immediately wasnt easy, even Planetside 1 had its problems when it came to that
A game i remember coming out after WoW that required reflexes was called Auto Assault, it was released during WoW's prime but couldnt compete with it so it failed
It was really fun though, you were a car that had guns mounted to it, it was 1 of the few MMOs that i played after DAoC/Planetside 1, i actually started playing wc3 again after that game was shut down

Traditional MMO combat is pretty boring, i dont think anyone really enjoys it
This includes DAoC and WoW, you basically just hit the buttons for your skills in the best order that those skills will work in
Coming up with the best order can be fun though and took a bit of strategy, well in DAoC it was, in WoW theres really only 1 order to do it in for every class
DAoC had a lot of interesting abilities, there was a whole class based around playing instruments for example, which kept it from being really boring, also you could move around more than in WoW or other games that used traditional MMO combat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2
Page 1 of 1