Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
ComputerCraft I_vote_lcap26%ComputerCraft I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
ComputerCraft I_vote_lcap35%ComputerCraft I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
ComputerCraft I_vote_lcap19%ComputerCraft I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
ComputerCraft I_vote_lcap0%ComputerCraft I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
ComputerCraft I_vote_lcap0%ComputerCraft I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
ComputerCraft I_vote_lcap10%ComputerCraft I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
ComputerCraft I_vote_lcap10%ComputerCraft I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

ComputerCraft

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

ComputerCraft Empty
PostSubject: ComputerCraft   ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:56 pm

ComputerCraft is a mod that adds lua programming to minecraft
You can use it to control redstone devices
You can also use it to print text to screens that act like programmable signs
Theres also little robots called turtles that you can program to move around or mine for you, they can even build (but its pretty impracticable to have them build, unless its a floor/ceiling)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/892282-124-computercraft-132-updated/

Ive only used it for about an hour and ive only made 3 things with it so far (it took me awhile cause i dont know lua, although its very easy to learn when you know another programming language)

The first thing i made was a password protected door
ComputerCraft HIkFP
Normally to make a locked door you would need tons of redstone and would have to build a bunch of gates/latches
It looks a lot nicer like this

The display changes depending on if the password was right or not:
ComputerCraft QyuA5
ComputerCraft VVJsK

You enter the password by interacting with the computer(the block that has >_ on it):
ComputerCraft Nm3aV
Thats also how you program them (obviously it wont say enter password on it when you first program it)

I didnt put in anything here for failure, but you could easily have it open pistons to drop you into lava if the wrong pass is entered

Now i said easily, but its not really that easy, you do need some programing knowledge to make it work
For example, to make that door, which just opens when you type the correct password in, i had to write this:
ComputerCraft HfE21
Its in picture form because i couldnt copy it from minecraft and i could find where its saved in the minecraft folder
And that is what it looks like in game when your programing, just a text box that you type into (you hit cntrl when you want to save or exit)

The functions that end in "m" (like redm) are for the monitor, the display thats on top of it in the first 3 pics
So you dont actually need those to make the door work, i just added that after i finished it because i wanted to figure out how to use the monitor
I also just threw this together so dont judge the code too harshly
To me typing that is easier then building a series of connected redstone gates to make a locked door

I also made a mining robot, which mines in a 3x3 square donut (leaves the middle block) straight down, it doesnt stop for lava which means that if it goes into lava you pretty much cant get it back without spending a few mins cleaning up the lava
And it doesnt actually stop, it cant mine bedrock, but when it hits bedrock it keeps searching for blocks to mine, even when it ends up surrounded by bedrock it will just spin in circles (since it only ever goes down)
I cant figure out how to detect lava or bedrock, there is a way to compare blocks, but only if the block is in the robots inventory, which doesnt work for bedrock or lava unless you cheat to put that block type in its inventory, and even then thats 2 of 9 spaces taken up (it holds as much as a dispenser
And theres no way for it to empty its inventory into a chest so its kindve crappy for mining even if i did program it better

The third thing i made is a robot that builds by taking commands from a server computer
Im only making that to figure out how the rednet api and wireless modem work, i havent finished it

The one thing i dislike about it is how it handles debug messages
While i was making that passworded door i typed term.clear instead of term.clear()
Instead of saying something like "Line|21|Expected (" it says "178"
Most of the time it will say something like "Line|16|Expected =" or whatever is wrong with that line, but if you forget a "(" or ")"anywhere in the code it only says "178"
It took me 15 mins to realize what was wrong

Overall the mod is great and has a lot of potential

This mod works on servers
But the server has to have it installed
It would be cool if cd/seren put it on the server, but i think that would require everyone that connects to the server to have it
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

ComputerCraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: ComputerCraft   ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:14 pm

i sent it to cd to see what he thought
ideally itd be that if you didnt have it, you could connect anyways and every time the plugin wanted to do stuff with you itd just throw that request out (so you could play without the mod)
and it would allow you to enable it for certain worlds only, allowing the obvious

its really fucking cool though, and would make some crazy things possible
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

ComputerCraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: ComputerCraft   ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:40 pm

LIEK OMG! WE SHOULD TOTES GETT THIS MOD PUT ON TEH SERVRE. ITS LIEK PONIES EVEREWHERE N WE CAN ALL B PONIEZ TEGETHERRRR. LOOOK AT IT. ITZ JUST SOOOOO BEUTIFUL. WHOZ WITH ME SISTERS!!!!!!!11!!!!!11!!!!1!!!111
ComputerCraft VXMQF

hEREZ TEH LINKSKIS:D PONIEZ!PONIEZ!PONIEZ!PONIEZ!PONIEZ!PONIEZ!PONIEZ!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

ComputerCraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: ComputerCraft   ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:48 pm

BackseatDriver wrote:
2) I would probably never use computer craft just because Im not that big into coding or anything
3) What I like about the mod is that it reduces the need for a lot of redstone to make a complicated system.
It replaces 1 complicated system with another
Though this one is faster/smaller/better

Re-reading my post, if you dont know anything about programing it looks like the only thing this mod is for is to make password protected doors
But it can do a lot more then that, think of it as adding a full computer into the game
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

ComputerCraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: ComputerCraft   ComputerCraft I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:12 pm

i HATE TO GET EVEN MORE OFF TOPIC (sorry bout caps) but that was the best college humor video i have seen in a while
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ComputerCraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: ComputerCraft   ComputerCraft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ComputerCraft
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Minecraft :: Minecraft Mods and Texture Packs-
Jump to: