Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Portal 2 Review I_vote_lcap26%Portal 2 Review I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Portal 2 Review I_vote_lcap35%Portal 2 Review I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Portal 2 Review I_vote_lcap19%Portal 2 Review I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Portal 2 Review I_vote_lcap0%Portal 2 Review I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Portal 2 Review I_vote_lcap0%Portal 2 Review I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Portal 2 Review I_vote_lcap10%Portal 2 Review I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Portal 2 Review I_vote_lcap10%Portal 2 Review I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Portal 2 Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Portal 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Portal 2 Review   Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:14 am

So Portal 2 has been out for awhile now
Ive been meaning to make a post like this for just about as long but havent really had time or the patience to sit down and write it
But here it is now

I finished the single-player in about 7 hours, it was shorter then i expected, i expected about 9 hours from it
Its not like i rushed through it either, i waited at all the times there was dialog so that i could hear all the dialog, and explored everywhere i could
Don't get me wrong, i wasnt disappointed in its length or anything, it was a really good 7 hours
And depending on the person it could take longer
I replayed the single player many times to get all of the achievements and to hear the developers commentary
All total i probably spent at least 20 hours playing single player
Even in my 3rd playthrough i still found new secret areas that i hadnt seen before

The story was presented well and the dialog was good and funny
There are some things that are never explained, but the things that arent explained are minor and unimportant (like why are the elevators different)
It works well as a squeal to Portal, expanding on GlaDOS's character and showing you more about the history of aperture science while still advancing the plot forward and introducing new and interesting characters

The gameplay adds alot of new puzzle elements, all of which are fun to use, though not all of which were used by the devs to their full potential
Some of the puzzle mechanics are stopped being used about 2/3rds of the way through the game
I think they added too many and couldnt fit them all in
Also the middle third of the game has alot of walking from point A to point B by using portals to traverse the distance, where most of the time you just look for a surface half way across the map that will let you place a portal, very rarely (i think once) are the puzzle mechanics used during this time
Overall though the puzzles/levels were well designed

Me and a friend finished the co-op in about the same amount of time, my friend isn't the best portal player, it took him like 13 hours to finish the single player
We got stuck on 2 puzzles for about 30 mins each, the very last puzzle, and the last puzzle of the hard light bridge area, those 2 are probably the hardest ones to do in the game because both require a fairly large leap in logic, and both have something that has never been done up until that point

The co-op has its own mini story, though it doesnt add characters or anything really new, it is interesting to play through though, especially as you advance through it
It takes place after the singleplayer campaign

The puzzle elements are better used here as each one has its own 6-8 level course
Theres a hub world which acts like a level select screen so you can pick any level you want once you beat it, once you unlock a level with someone that level can be played with anyone, even if they havent unlocked it yet, it could be confusing if you play with someone that beat the game and your just starting since all the areas will be unlocked

I replayed parts of the co-op many times, mainly to just watch random people solve the puzzles, sometimes its really funny when people kill themselves in a way that is obviously going to kill you, with these people i set up a portal that leads to death and another right next to them, they almost always blindly walk through to their death, and then i laugh, other times its just frustrating to watch when the solution is right in front of them

There is a cash shop in the game, where you can buy hats and other things to wear
Its over priced ($7.50 for a pair of goggles, its actually not even a pair, since the robot you play as only has 1 eye)
Because of this i think they will support co-op in the future by releasing many maps and DLC for it, so it should be good in the long run
Though i think the cash shop itself is a rip-off, but since nothing important is sold there (like characters with different abilities *cough*LoL*cough*) it doesnt bother me
Theres a chance they may sell important stuff their in the future though, so we will see

TL:DR - Portal 2 is awesome, and you suck for not reading

Last edited by Pat1487 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Portal 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 Review   Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:18 am

TLDR

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Portal 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 Review   Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:59 pm

i skipped down to the co-op part

sounds like i'd hate to play co-op with you
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

Portal 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 Review   Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:19 pm

TL:DR

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Portal 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 Review   Portal 2 Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Portal 2 Review
Page 1 of 1