Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_lcap26%Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_lcap35%Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_lcap19%Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_lcap0%Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_lcap0%Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_lcap10%Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_lcap10%Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set   Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Looks like you can tame the wolves using bones.

Quote :
We picked November 11, with the unofficial tagline “us too”.
It’s the same date as a few other games and movies, and the one I’m the most excited about is Skyrim, so that will be a nice reward for me if we actually manage to hit that date!
Notch says that they are going to release the full game on 11/11/11. But they will keep adding stuff when the full game is released.

Quote :
We’ve been working on finishing up Achievements and Statistics for 1.5, I ran into some issues with JSON, got frustrated, and added weather instead. Developing new features like that is what I enjoy doing the most, so I ended up covering a lot of ground. There’s periodic downfall (snow in snowy areas, rain in others, nothing in deserts) that make the sky darker, hides the sun, moon and stars, and makes everything wet. Ice grows back in cold regions, and snowfall covers the ground when it’s snowing. During rain/snow, there can be occasional thunderstorms with lightning. I haven’t finished the actual lightning bolt yet, but everything else is fairly done.
Once the stats are done and the weather has been tested through, we’ll release 1.5. I’m guessing this will be next week. The piston mod might get added, but it will not be in time for 1.5.
Cant wait for the weather to be added. When it snows the water freezes and makes ice. The achievements could be a cool feature too. This video from Notch basically shows some basic ideas in the 1.5 update.

Wondering where im getting all this from? Its from notches blog, probably the best way to keep updated about the game: http://notch.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set   Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:24 pm

The weather goes from snow to rain at 1:31 like theres an invisible wall there
Also the weather cycle is too fast, it goes from downpoor to sunny about 3 times over the course of 3 minutes, maybe that was just for demonstration purposes though
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set   Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
Also the weather cycle is too fast, it goes from downpoor to sunny about 3 times over the course of 3 minutes, maybe that was just for demonstration purposes though
The video description on youtube says: "Just a quick video to show off the stuff coming in 1.5. Rain and especially thunder is waaay too common in this test, for demo purposes."
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set   Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Oh wow, i said it almost exactly like he did
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set   Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:16 pm

More from Notch about the 1.5 update:
Quote :
We were aiming at releasing 1.5 this week, but no. There’s been significant feature creep (we’ve got powered rails now, and lightning hitting a pig will turn it into a zombie pigman), so we don’t have time to get it out this week.

But next week!
I havent even made normal rails yet so the powered rails mean nothing until i learn to use rails.
The zombie pigman just seems pointless and just something they did out of boredom. There are probably small chances that a pigman will actually be created too.
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal
BandaIar

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set   Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:57 pm

Powered rails is gonna be sooo sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set   Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecraft 1.5 features and release date set
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Minecraft :: Minecraft General Discussion-
Jump to: