Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Portal 1 Mods I_vote_lcap26%Portal 1 Mods I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Portal 1 Mods I_vote_lcap35%Portal 1 Mods I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Portal 1 Mods I_vote_lcap19%Portal 1 Mods I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Portal 1 Mods I_vote_lcap0%Portal 1 Mods I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Portal 1 Mods I_vote_lcap0%Portal 1 Mods I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Portal 1 Mods I_vote_lcap10%Portal 1 Mods I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Portal 1 Mods I_vote_lcap10%Portal 1 Mods I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Portal 1 Mods

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Portal 1 Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal 1 Mods   Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:45 pm

While you wait for portal 2 you can play portal 1 mods

Some good ones are
Portal Prelude: http://www.portalprelude.com/download.php
Gamma Energy: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gamma-energy
Portal Pro: http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-pro

They are all well made, challenging, and fairly long
Some re-use the stuff gladdos said in portal which gets annoying

I dont think mods work with the free version of portal that you get when you buy portal 2

2 more Portal mods:

Thinking with Portals 2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/thinking-with-portals-2
This is my least favorite of the ones ive posted here
It seems put together in a hurry to cash in on Portal 2 since all of its features are from Portal 2
But it occasionally is good, a few of the levels shown in videos for Portal 2 have been recreated in this mod
Its very short, there is no story, and you have to load each chapter 1 by 1 (it sends you back to the menu after every level)

Blue Portals: http://www.moddb.com/mods/blue-portals
This is my favorite of the ones ive posted here
Its the most unique portal mod ive seen
Its visually unique with alot of custom textures
And it has a bunch of different puzzle mechanics like magnetism, multiple different cube types, and light beams
Also you can only place blue portals and need to move the orange portal with buttons/switches/light
Theres a bonus campaign thats shorter then the main campaign but introduces light blocks, the gravity gun (along with a mechanic that lets you use it to launch yourself), and lets you place both types of portals
I really hope the people that made this mod make something for Portal 2

Im looking for more Portal mods so if youve played any that i havent put here, post them here

Last edited by Pat1487 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Portal 1 Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal 1 Mods   Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:21 am

< witty comment that has slight elements of trolling, but not enough to get this post deleted>

< afterthought that i mostly wanted to get my signature onto this page>
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Portal 1 Mods Empty
PostSubject: Portal 1 Mods   Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 2:13 pm

HTML only works in posts if you have it turned on and its off by default so no one will see knight 's or your timer, unless theyve manually turned it on
My timer doesnt use HTML (it uses BBCode), so everyone can see it no matter what

Strip the flashvars from the html and add it after the .swf file with ? in the [flash] tag

Ontopic:

2 More Portal mods

Portal Unity: http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-unity
This has 2 new puzzle mechanics, and a story with original voice acting
The new mechanics are treadbelts which give you tons of momentum in a small space, and something that is similar to the excursion funnels from portal 2, but the effect doesnt go through portals like it does in portal 2
The story is decent, but the ending doesnt answer anything and only raises more questions, its not sequel bait, its just trying to be ambiguous but isnt
The voice acting isnt the greatest and is hard to understand at some points, there are no subtitles
The game is really good during the test chambers but gets worse once you break free
Its almost as long as portal was
I encountered a bug that made the game unwinable which made me have to load a previous save and do some of the game again, in the lobby of the office building theres a metal detector, if you go through it from the lobby it makes the game unbeatable because of red lasers of death that you cant portal around when you go through there later, avoid the metal detector until your in the hallway and half to go through it

Factum-solus: http://www.moddb.com/mods/factum-solus
This game is very short and only has 1 new puzzle mechanic (technically 2 if you count the last room)
The weird thing about this game is that you dont actually have the ability to place portals for about 1/4th of the gameplay, but it works as part of the game
The ending to this is sequel bait and a sequel is said to be coming but that it wont be released until after Portal 2 is

Im beginning to run out of portal mods to play and its not even close to Portal 2's release date
So someone else post some mods that you liked

Last edited by Pat1487 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

Portal 1 Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal 1 Mods   Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:13 am

i hadnt played any mods until you posted but then i beat blue portals and portal prelude both in 1 day (but on separate days)

found a few glitches in each which amused me but nothing was truely gamebreaking

1 or 2 easter eggs from them too

and yea blue portals was great

right now i cant remember which one but one of them had taken a level or two from the flash portal and put it in and i was like "hey this is like in the flash" then during the credits they listed the flash version

edit: just finished Portal: Project Beta http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-project-beta not much goin on here they mostly just took the maps from portal and changed them here and there and they changed a couple of skins and whatnot they portals and your crosshairs look different and the difference bugged me
Portal 1 Mods Doublebracketcrosshair this is what it looked like and the outer bubbles serve no purpose whatsoever but the thought that maybe they had made a puzzle that required 4 portals somehow and you could get 4 was what kept me going, but no it was just how it looked.

once i got teleported out into no where and had to noclip back in
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Portal 1 Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal 1 Mods   Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:09 am

I didnt list Portal: Project beta because i didnt like it
It didnt add enough new stuff, most of it was just reflexs on how fast you can place portals in the right speed, there wasn't enough puzzle solvgin
And i knew the extra portal indicators were just for show, i think the description or a comment somewhere on moddb says that, if i didnt know that i probably wouldve kept playing for the same reason you did and then been pissed later and posted about it here

Though that would be a cool idea, and it is possible to have 2 sets of portals, ive seen it before, but never where you control the extra set

If you want the flash version in portal you can get it here: http://www.moddb.com/games/portal/downloads/portal-the-flash-version-mappack
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

Portal 1 Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal 1 Mods   Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:23 pm

there are commands you can put into the console to make it so you can place multiple sets of portals, they all look the same but they are in pairs

it gets laggy when i place 7+ portal pairs for some reason

oh and in Portal Pro i had difficulty on some of the levels, and i managed to find 4 of the secret levels (the cake wasnt a lie!) i was too lazy to go back and find the first one but the last one i didnt figure out how to get but i wanted it so i noclipped to it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Portal 1 Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal 1 Mods   Portal 1 Mods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Portal 1 Mods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: Other Games :: Portal-
Jump to: